My New 4 Red Bellied Piranha

cuzzaUK

Reaction score
Hey guys, i got 4 new red bellie piranha today but they just sit in the corner by the heater ? why is this ? i have a thermometre and its reads that it is dark blue on 22 degrees, turcouise on 24 degrees and brown on 26 degress ? what temp is it at ? should i huigher the thermostat ? also the pet shop guy told me to feed them on pellets for 5 weeks then start feeding them other stuff, i through in some pellest befroew and they aint eating them ?

Please help

Thanks

They just aren't settled, this is why they are not eating or moving away from the heater. Switch off the lights (if you haven't already) and stop all feeding untill they are out and about more boldly :good:

What can you tell us about the tank? Size, filtration, length of time it's been up, any filter-cloning been done, decoration e.t.c?

The temp is OK on 24 according to the thermometer, but those exturnal sticky strips are rubbish IME. Get an internal glass-type thermometer :nod:

All the best
Rabbut

Having just looked at the OP's other threads, I'm starting to wonder if we have a Troll with a good handle? :unsure:

sorry to be abrupt, but didnt you say you have a 40 usg tank that you wanted to put piranhas into and we said it would be too small?

yeh but i have a new one.

my bro gave me his.

its is 70 gall.

its been up ages, has a pump, thermo and filter it has some green (plasdtic) plants, some rocks. I have em in my 40 gall atm becasue they are small but once they r bigger i will move em. In have a video of them in the tank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoDyabAN7xU

Thanks

Ok but can you help me with the above please ?

They have enough cover, temps OK, tank size for them is OK for the minuite but will need upgrading within 6-8 weeks. They need a bigger group realy, or you will go down to one left before too long...

We still don't have water stats, or details of if/how the tank was cycled...

oh yeh and i am 16 btw and i dont really have much money to get a bigger tank, what would be the ideal size tank ? my mum deffo wont buy me one so i would have to try and swap someone my small tank for there big one hmm

oh yeh and i am 16 btw and i dont really have much money to get a bigger tank, what would be the ideal size tank ? my mum deffo wont buy me one so i would have to try and swap someone my small tank for there big one hmm
IMO 125 gallons + preferably something like 175

How much would they cost and what woul;d be the dimensions ?

100 gallons, 4X2X2 is absolute minimum for adults, with 6X2X2 being prefured.

The 4X2X2 would be about £200 plus equipment costs (two exturnals at about £200 each, and a 500W heater at about £30)

The 6X2X2 would be about £400 plus equipment costs (two larger exturnals at about £250 each and a pair of 300W heaters at £30 each)

Both those prices are excluding stands. They will need the 4X2X2 within the year :crazy:

oh shiza ! its my bday on may 3rd, i have a big stand now and pump and filter and heater, why do i need these massive filters ?

and also when u say 4x2x2 do you mean 40"x20"x20"

Thanks and do you guys know were to get these tanks from with no stand ?

Thanks

Most reactions

Back