My New 4 Red Bellied Piranha

With the filters for the larger tank, you could look at some tetratec ex1200's, cheaper than the fx5 and eheim. I've got one in my tank, i've had it for about a year with no problems, pretty quiet, no leaks, reliable. Good filter for the money IMHO.

Might be worth having a look on some second hand classified sites such as gumtree, loot etc for a larger tank, you can get some real good bargains. I picked up my tank 4ft. filter, heater, cabinet, filter etc for £50, complete setup. Definitely some bargains to be had!!!

119 gallon will be fine for 4 red's. Would a bigger tank be better? of course.. it always is. But it sounds like you are limited on money. and you do not need two fx5's... one plus a hob will work fine. I think it is clear to everyone that he is not ready to keep piranhas, but no matter how hard a time we give him and tell him to return the fish, you know he is not going too.. so instead of giving him a hard time, try and give him help so these fish have a better life. = O

119 gallon will be fine for 4 red's. Would a bigger tank be better? of course.. it always is. But it sounds like you are limited on money. and you do not need two fx5's... one plus a hob will work fine. I think it is clear to everyone that he is not ready to keep piranhas, but no matter how hard a time we give him and tell him to return the fish, you know he is not going too.. so instead of giving him a hard time, try and give him help so these fish have a better life. = O
we dont get your sort of HOB's across the pond, im guessing the OP is from the UK because of his username

ahh did not know that.. Well, still two fx5's is a bit overkill = p.

Hi cuzzaUK, just wanted to say (after reading everything), it really does sound like you've done the right thing.

And although it seems everyone jumped on you, it wasn't anything personal, they're just thinking of the long term lives of the fish.

Sorry it came to you taking back fish that you clearly wanted, just shows how much research people need to do :(.

And I hope this hasn't put you off the forum and everyone here! They're a lovely helpful bunch really :D
Hope you find some fish you like to replace them.

x Curiosity

Piranhas aren't that good anyway, vastly over- rated. I see your in liverpool check out some of the better shops in the area or try and get down too wigan too pier aquatics. You will definatley see something which takes your fancy then go home do your research and then get them if they are appropriate.

dont listen to them mate i had 4 in a tank near enough the same size as that for over a year befor i had to get a bigger tank and they wer quite happy in it!! and if there still not feeding, goto your local asda fish counter and buy a fresh salmon fillet ( it will be around 90p ) cut it into chunks and feed them untill they stop eating! my adults love it! trust me it wont even hit the floor befor its been eaten!

Goodluck

just read that u took them back sorry mate if your intrested i have 2 adults for sale in a Tank, pm me if your intrested

Most reactions

Back