My New 280 Gallon Tank

Your silver dollars eat blood worms? :blink: I thought they only eat vegee
My 10 yr old silver dollar only eats vege sometimes he will eat a couple piece flakes but my 6 yr old little ones doesn't eat anything, he will only eat when a piece of food flow into his mouth :shout:

Your silver dollars eat blood worms? :blink: I thought they only eat vegee
My 10 yr old silver dollar only eats vege sometimes he will eat a couple piece flakes but my 6 yr old little ones doesn't eat anything, he will only eat when a piece of food flow into his mouth :shout:

Yeah my 6 Silver Dollars are ridiculously voracious! They eat everything and that's no joke. They swim into all the nooks and crevices that other fish don't even normally go to, and go into a feeding frenzy not unlike their pirahna cousins. The food is usually gone within less than 30 seconds. This actually does worry me a bit because the bottom feeders get very little. Gurus here, are the bits and pieces enough to subsist on for the corys and loaches? Feedback would be welcome. Also, I've tried putting in some soft lettuce for the Dollars and loaches and they largely ignored it. I think it all depends on the kind of food they are used to getting back in the fish shop you bought them from. :p

Your tank looks fantasic! I hope to be able to have something like that one day. I can see that your wood has stained the water, does that effect the fishes life at all, or do some just prefer the way it looks?

Your tank looks fantasic! I hope to be able to have something like that one day. I can see that your wood has stained the water, does that effect the fishes life at all, or do some just prefer the way it looks?

Thanks for the compliment pal, I spend hours enjoying my tank now. Incidentally, the wood hasn't stained my water. It's that I am using underwater yellow spotlights to mimic the look of natural sunlight. The look I am going for is for an Amazonian, South-American river. Honestly, I'm pleased with the results but am waiting for the day when I can get rid of those rocks. :p Fishes are happy too, and eating far too voraciously! :D

Most reactions

Back