My Messy Tank

Jonas104

Reaction score
Well I finally got all the dust settled and somewhat decorated the tank... then Mr. JD here had to start digging around a dug down to the lower level of black gravel. Also he completely shoved a small fake plant across the whole tank. The plants are temporary till I get a chance to drop by the LFS to buy some live plants. Don't mind the block of moss in the back, it's temporary till I can figure out what to do with it.

Tank. Can't really tell but where my JD is chilling, it's like a large crater now. And there's a small plant behind the coconut that used to be close towards the middle. :blink:
IMG_0173.jpg
And all that black gravel is what he dug up from underneath. I should've asked him how he wanted the tank before I let him move in.

Coconut and Moss
IMG_0172.jpg

Rock, Moss and little guy
IMG_0166.jpg

And yes, all the moss is held on with fishing line until I hope it starts to grab on.

Nice tank, how big is it? I can't help but wonder if your refere to Mr JD because he's a Jack Dempsey. If this is so the tank looks a tad on the small side for a Jack.

Nice tank, how big is it? I can't help but wonder if your refere to Mr JD because he's a Jack Dempsey. If this is so the tank looks a tad on the small side for a Jack.

I believe it's 28... you're right though. I didn't know much about cichlids when I got him about a year ago, let alone fish in general. He was about 3 inches when I got him, next thing I knew he was about 7 inches long hehe. All the knowledge I've gained has been in the last week or so on these forums. So going to have to upgrade to a larger tank whenever I can.

28L or 28G?

#33### if its L get a tank sharpish. A Jack in a 28L is badddd. If its 28G thats not as bad, still bad. I had a breeding pair in a 39G and couldnt bare to see them in it, so got them there own 63G.

We all make mistakes. Its how you ammend them that counts :)

28L or 28G?

#33### if its L get a tank sharpish. A Jack in a 28L is badddd. If its 28G thats not as bad, still bad. I had a breeding pair in a 39G and couldnt bare to see them in it, so got them there own 63G.

We all make mistakes. Its how you ammend them that counts :)

NO! Not liters! Gallons sorry. Maybe it's because I'm from the US :lol: . Use gallons instead of liters and feet instead of meters. Wow, I'm definitely going to have to step it up.

Righto, well G is better but not perfect. You'll get the most out of your Jack if you provide him/her with a bigger tank. Also i find they do well with dithers + warmer temps (26-28C).

Have you got any decent pics of your Jack. I'm a Jack Fanatic and would very much like to see him/her in all their glory. I can just about make them out in your first pic. The spangled body is not hard to miss in the central right amongst the plants. :thumbs:

True True.

Here you go. :D
IMG_0046.jpg

It's not the BEST shot, but I'm having trouble ever finding him out of his little house.

By the way, what are dithers?

Most reactions

Back