My Mbuna (pics Included!)

KingKenny

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm forever being told to actually capture some fish in my pictures. I've borrowed a good digital camera so over the next few days will add a few pictures of varying quality!

1) My favourite fish. My large, wild, male Acei "George". Probably the fish with the most expressive face in the tank. My first Mbuna I could distinguish from the others due to darker colouration and thicker body. At one time he had spawned with all five Acei females in the tank. Each were holding. There's a holding female at the bottom, one of my beautiful wild white labs, a wild Melanochromis Dialeptos female and to the left my OB wild Metriaclima Estherae. She looks a bit fat there, and I was concerned. Until three hours after this picture when I noticed she was thin and was holding, Guess they were eggs waiting to drop.

fishtank037pp3.jpg

2) This picture shows my wild male Melanochromis Labrosus. After a month he has finally started eating properly. I'm delighted as after George he is my favourite fish. Since the changeover to sand his natural behaviour has some out and he has started feeding in his unique way of turning completely side on to force his lips between small gaps between and under rocks to get the scraps. Other fish are blurred though!

fishtank027fn2.jpg

3) My holding wild female Estherae.

copyoffishtank021dv0.jpg

4) This is a bad shot of my male Labrosus digging in under a rock with those dat lips. I'll try and get one side on but this is the best I can offer at the moment. Check out that backside!

fishtank039ed3.jpg

5) Lastly a wild Estherae withb a bemused holding Acei in the background!

copyoffishtank036cm2.jpg

That's all you're getting until Sunday afternoon!

Nice pics, i especially like the ones of the Labrosus. :good:

Thought so i was talking to colin on friday about the wild caughts breeding.

Thought so i was talking to colin on friday about the wild caughts breeding.

I told him about my wild white labs spawning a few weeks ago and he seemed pleased. i remember getting my wild OB female Estherae and being told 'look after her she's special'. :)

Will have to let him know she's done the deed now!

Did Colin mention the white labs then?

Yes he did he has been trying to get a photo of them when they show there barring.

Dont know what it is but my wild caught have started breeding crazy at the mo just got home and i have another red top holding.

Nice fish Kenny 8)

Did Colin have anything new in Adam ? , I went last Saturday he had some nice Afra`s and 3 Male Zebra Long Pelvics but no females.

No nothing new at the moment, running a bit low on stock by the look of it.

Hes ripping down the big tank its going to some uni !

Like mentioned else where King Kenny/Chris,

excellent tank NOW with EXCELLENT pictures doing your tank/fish/investment justice :good:

does anyone know per chance when Colins next wild order will be landed, I've got one holiday day left this year to book and i want to use it to go pick up some WC :D :D

Anything else gonna be added mate??

Dru/Justin :hey:

Most reactions

Back