My Managerie of Tanks

Beautiful tanks! I love the 46 gallon. Those plants look really green and healthy.

Based on everything you have had to say, I think I wont add Sparkling Gouramis to my new tank...I don't want to risk that it wouldn't work out.... BUT!!!!.... I do want a Nano Tank some day with ember tetras, and microrasboras, and such, so I will add Sparklers to the list for that future tank for sure! They are very pretty!
Theyre awesome fish! They are a touch sensitive but as long as you pay attention to water quality, theyre good. They need a lid as they can jump. And prefer shady planted tanks. My two females are a little shy but my male is always at the front of the tank when i approach.

Theyre awesome fish! They are a touch sensitive but as long as you pay attention to water quality, theyre good. They need a lid as they can jump. And prefer shady planted tanks. My two females are a little shy but my male is always at the front of the tank when i approach.
I want to do a 10 gal Nano Tank eventually. I want it heavily planted, with Ember Tetras, Microrasboras, and Cherry Shrimp... and now on that list is Sparkling Gouramis! :)

I want to do a 10 gal Nano Tank eventually. I want it heavily planted, with Ember Tetras, Microrasboras, and Cherry Shrimp... and now on that list is Sparkling Gouramis! :)
Id opt for the sparkler OR the shrimp. Both wont work. Despite being small, theyre voracious predators and have been known to hunt down shrimp, even adult shrimp.

Id opt for the sparkler OR the shrimp. Both wont work. Despite being small, theyre voracious predators and have been known to hunt down shrimp, even adult shrimp.
Wow...Good to know, thanks... Little guys with a Napolean complex, hey?!? Well, maybe I will do my Nano Tank ...AND a species only Sparkler Tank! I have MTS anyway, so what is one more tank?! :p

What are those big floating plant that look like shamrock leaves?

I had duckweed in my tank but it kept getting sucked into the filter and clogging it up.

Updating photos of the tanks, except my big one as theres not much change there.

My 10g nano. Loving how the crypt sprouts are taking off on the driftwood. I attached it to the driftwood instead of planting them. Surprisingly theyre growing much faster than they were when planted!
View attachment 106102

Look very close under the moss... one of my really elusive pygmies! Always a treat to see these shy cuties.
View attachment 106106
One of my female sparklers. Shes the more dominant of the females. Shes darkened up nicely.
View attachment 106107

My male sparkler. Hes a camera hog. Always comes to the glass to see what you are up to, and not shy in any way.
View attachment 106108

My girl betta's little cozy tank
View attachment 106103

My male betta's tank got a redo. Took out the filter he had in it that came with the tank, replaced it with a DIY air powered bottle filter. Opened up more swim space. Took out the blue rock too.
View attachment 106105

And my 20g, since i moved my last apple snail to my fry grow out, i can have plants.
Is that a home-made bottle bubbler in one of your tanks?

The fish(neons and glow-lights) were terrified of it - one died and I'm sure it was shock - I've been consumed with guilt, so I've turned it off. Got a one for a smaller tank than ours, too, because I just wanted a bit of movement - not a huge "woosh". I'm wondering whether I should put it in some sort of tube now thatI've seen yours.

What are those big floating plant that look like shamrock leaves?

I had duckweed in my tank but it kept getting sucked into the filter and clogging it up.
Theyre fake plastic plants. Lol just for some shade. Ive since moved them though around.

Is that a home-made bottle bubbler in one of your tanks?

The fish(neons and glow-lights) were terrified of it - one died and I'm sure it was shock - I've been consumed with guilt, so I've turned it off. Got a one for a smaller tank than ours, too, because I just wanted a bit of movement - not a huge "woosh". I'm wondering whether I should put it in some sort of tube now thatI've seen yours.

The bottle is actually a filter, rather than a bubbler. Ive got a better model made ready for my female betta's new tank once we are able to upgrade.
20200609_193109.jpg

Holes drilled in the bottom to suck water in, airline attached at the side, holes drilled in the top to let air and water out. Inside will be filled with sponge and biomedia. Fully customizable as long as you can get it inside the bottle lol. You can cap the bottom of the bottle with sponge as well for even more biological filtration if you wish too.

Suction cup to hold it in place.

I used silicone to seal off gaps where pieces are attached in.

Usually though i just drill a hole large enough to wedge the airline into it, not use the fancy attachment, but i got creative this time haha...

I got the idea off the DIY fish keeper guy on youtube. They function well.

Theyre fake plastic plants. Lol just for some shade. Ive since moved them though around.

The bottle is actually a filter, rather than a bubbler. Ive got a better model made ready for my female betta's new tank once we are able to upgrade.
View attachment 106843

Holes drilled in the bottom to suck water in, airline attached at the side, holes drilled in the top to let air and water out. Inside will be filled with sponge and biomedia. Fully customizable as long as you can get it inside the bottle lol. You can cap the bottom of the bottle with sponge as well for even more biological filtration if you wish too.

Suction cup to hold it in place.

I used silicone to seal off gaps where pieces are attached in.

Usually though i just drill a hole large enough to wedge the airline into it, not use the fancy attachment, but i got creative this time haha...

I got the idea off the DIY fish keeper guy on youtube. They function well.
PLASTIC PLANTS!!!

Another illusion shattered . . . you don't care whose heart you break, do you? :lol:

Did a trim of all the worn out leaves on my swords, they should grow back in no time. Did a massive water change, so gotta build my tannins back up lol
20200612_220928.jpg

So far only my romaine lettuce is thriving in the garden up top.

20200612_220959.jpg

Most reactions

Back