My Managerie of Tanks

Actually, redid the betta tank. I like this for her better.
20200530_233835.jpg

Updating photos of the tanks, except my big one as theres not much change there.

My 10g nano. Loving how the crypt sprouts are taking off on the driftwood. I attached it to the driftwood instead of planting them. Surprisingly theyre growing much faster than they were when planted!
20200605_233521.jpg

Look very close under the moss... one of my really elusive pygmies! Always a treat to see these shy cuties.
20200605_232153.jpg

One of my female sparklers. Shes the more dominant of the females. Shes darkened up nicely.
20200605_232545.jpg

My male sparkler. Hes a camera hog. Always comes to the glass to see what you are up to, and not shy in any way.
20200605_232412.jpg

My girl betta's little cozy tank
20200605_224923.jpg

My male betta's tank got a redo. Took out the filter he had in it that came with the tank, replaced it with a DIY air powered bottle filter. Opened up more swim space. Took out the blue rock too.
20200605_222900.jpg

And my 20g, since i moved my last apple snail to my fry grow out, i can have plants.
20200605_233239.jpg

She is a black neon tetra, but yes shes got two tails. We got a school of 6, great tetras. We have those in our 45 with a group of 10 regular neons. For tetras, the black neons are so polite and mellow with everyone.
Thanks, that's good to know. I've always liked how the black ones look.

All of your tanks are beautiful ☆☆♡☆☆

Got a huge piece of driftwood recently and ive been impatiently waiting to post the new scape on my other 20... but i was waiting on some plants in the mail.

This thing is HUGE. It spans the entire tank.
20200606_221903.jpg

But... its so perfect. My skirts love it, they hide under it, swim through it. My paleatus cories are all over it.
20200610_211527.jpg

And Franklin got the rock stack ornament i made that was in their tank. Its now in his tank and he likes it a lot
20200610_211157.jpg

And bonus, a photo of Frankie
20200608_114228.jpg

One of my female sparklers. Shes the more dominant of the females. Shes darkened up nicely.
View attachment 106107

My male sparkler. Hes a camera hog. Always comes to the glass to see what you are up to, and not shy in any way.
View attachment 106108
What kind of fish are these? Are they Sparkling Gouramis? You call them "Sparklers" and I am not sure what kind of fish that is. Whatever kind they are, they are very pretty!!! :)

What kind of fish are these? Are they Sparkling Gouramis? You call them "Sparklers" and I am not sure what kind of fish that is. Whatever kind they are, they are very pretty!!! :)
Sparkling gourami yes :)

Sparkling gourami yes :)
So pretty! I may just consider them for my community tank... I originally wanted Dwarf Gouramis, because I used to have them and I loved them, but then I heard about how prevalent DGD is now, and I think I am going to stay away from them... Maybe the Sparkling little guys will be perfect for my tank. :)

So pretty! I may just consider them for my community tank... I originally wanted Dwarf Gouramis, because I used to have them and I loved them, but then I heard about how prevalent DGD is now, and I think I am going to stay away from them... Maybe the Sparkling little guys will be perfect for my tank. :)
What would be their tankmates? Theyre very small, so they need to be able to live with tankmates that wont eat them or out compete them. These are are the size of a neon tetra. They do best in a ratio of 1 male to 2 females as well

What would be their tankmates? Theyre very small, so they need to be able to live with tankmates that wont eat them or out compete them. These are are the size of a neon tetra. They do best in a ratio of 1 male to 2 females as well
Wow, I didn't realize they were that small! I plan to mostly stock the tank with Tetras (Rummynose, Neons), Harlequin Rasboras, and Cories.

Wow, I didn't realize they were that small! I plan to mostly stock the tank with Tetras (Rummynose, Neons), Harlequin Rasboras, and Cories.
They may do fine with that, just know theyre slower eaters and move slow. If you decide on them, it wouldn't hurt to have a smaller tank set aside for them if it doesnt work out in a community. You could go with a 5 gallons as long as its a species only. Or 10 gallon if you decide you still want a community with them and stick with microrasboras or ember tetras.

They may do fine with that, just know theyre slower eaters and move slow. If you decide on them, it wouldn't hurt to have a smaller tank set aside for them if it doesnt work out in a community. You could go with a 5 gallons as long as its a species only. Or 10 gallon if you decide you still want a community with them and stick with microrasboras or ember tetras.
Based on everything you have had to say, I think I wont add Sparkling Gouramis to my new tank...I don't want to risk that it wouldn't work out.... BUT!!!!.... I do want a Nano Tank some day with ember tetras, and microrasboras, and such, so I will add Sparklers to the list for that future tank for sure! They are very pretty!

Most reactions

Back