Sasha

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Here's some pictures of my lovebird, Norma Jeane. :wub:

Attachments

• NormaJeane4.JPG
    NormaJeane4.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 52
:) Thanks earthgirl! Norma Jeane already bonded with my dad, since he's the only person that can handle her. She has quite a personality! :nod: She'll crawl into an empty T-shirt and explore the inside of it, she'll admire herself in the mirror . . . but when she's mad, she'll puff up and mumble to herself as a warning to keep away. She even attacks the cat! :hyper:

Awwwwh, I have always wanted a love bird and so does my cat (he is hunter by nature), so I decided against it.
She is so beautiful though!
I nominate her for POTM, good luck in getting the second, it really shouldn't be too hard with that face! :wub:

Thanks for the nomination earthgirl! :D My cat is a hunter too but once Norma Jeane bite him on the nose, he stays away from her! :lol:

Here's another picture of Norma Jeane! :wub:

Attachments

• NormaJeane6.JPG
    NormaJeane6.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 51
Oh, I had one just like that. They are so beautiful!!

Mine used to love to shred newspaper, and stuff it under her wings. Apparently this is a normal behavior for them.

I 2nd the nomination!! :clap: :thumbs:

Sasha said:
she'll admire herself in the mirror . . . but when she's mad, she'll puff up and mumble to herself as a warning to keep away
My lorikeet trys to mate with his reflection in the mirror! He puffs himself up and chats to his reflection and does a little mating dance!
And when you walk near him and the mirror he gets defensive and bites your toes! OUCH

:D Thanks for the nomination cichlidmommy! Norma Jeane loves to shred paper and stuff it under her wings! She especially like magazines! :nod:

PTOM for sure! I love her colors , my favorite ! I have never seen one with those colors. real Pretty ! :)

Sasha said:
:D Thanks for the nomination cichlidmommy! Norma Jeane loves to shred paper and stuff it under her wings! She especially like magazines! :nod:
I have to admit, when I first saw her do this, I thought she was crazy. Or I was crazy. :fun: She was such a fun little bird, and was full of personality.

She used to play with my Nanday Bubba all the time. She would sleep in his cage, and clean him in areas he could not really reach, like the back of his head. It was so sweet.

I hope you win, because she is a beautiful bird, and has a great name :wub:

Thank you everyone! :D

Darcie - Thanks for the nomination! :)

cichlidmommy - Norma Jeane has such a great personality! :wub: Her wings aren't clipped, so she flies all around the house and especially loves the bathroom where she can look at herself in the mirror. In her cage (it's a parrot sized cage) she has a little house with a towel that she goes into at night and sleeps in it. Sometime, she crawls under the towel and uses it as a blanket!

Sorrell - Norma Jeane is a Lutino lovebird. :)

Mine used to love to shred newspaper, and stuff it under her wings.

I'd never heard of birds doing that before! what's that about? is there some natural behaviour that she's trying to satisfy or is it just that your house isn't warm enough?
:lol:

Most reactions

Back