My journal to the central of sarawak,Borneo.

kuching said:
Where is Punjab? a province in India? :unsure:
my bad - its in india,

on my wifes side they have lots of streams and vary large pond where they team with life.

Damit what have fish done to me.

A trip to see the Inlaws and All I wanna Do Is hunt down some funky Fish. :S :S

kuching said:
turbotiber said:
kuching said:
turbotiber said:
Just wondering, can you find wild bettas in west malaysia, like around Pulau Pinang??   :unsure:   Or do they only stick to East MY like Sarawak??  (I went to Sarawak and Kuching on a class trip and I loved it!!  The Orangutang place was cool!)  You're lucky to live in such a great place!   :nod:
Yes,you can find Betta pugnax in Pulau Pinang of west Malaysia. Even you go to Thailand,Cambodia & laos,u still can find wild betta...but their species are not the same as those in Borneo.Borneo is the center of biodiversity for wild Betta. Through out the South east Asia, Borneo is the only place on earth can find so many species of Betta.....I strongly believe still got new species of Betta out there waiting for people to discover !!! :)
Yeay! I"m going to try my luck and see if I can find something :) I know thre's like a stream nearby where my parents live so I'll have to check it out there, thanks!!
U r from west Malaysia? :)
Yeap :) Lived in Penang for 3 years before coming to study in Mexico but my parents are still there. I can't wait to go back and see what sorts of bettas they sell there and to see if I can actually catch one, that would be so cool!

psgill00 said:
kuching said:
Where is Punjab? a province in India? :unsure:
my bad - its in india,

on my wifes side they have lots of streams and vary large pond where they team with life.

Damit what have fish done to me.

A trip to see the Inlaws and All I wanna Do Is hunt down some funky Fish. :S :S
India got a lot of strange looking fish.some fish under the rock of fast flowing stream......so its not easy to catch wild fish....but it always fun when u found something interesting.Share with us if u found something! When u r going back to Punjab? ;)

turbotiber said:
kuching said:
turbotiber said:
kuching said:
turbotiber said:
Just wondering, can you find wild bettas in west malaysia, like around Pulau Pinang??   :unsure:   Or do they only stick to East MY like Sarawak??  (I went to Sarawak and Kuching on a class trip and I loved it!!  The Orangutang place was cool!)  You're lucky to live in such a great place!   :nod:
Yes,you can find Betta pugnax in Pulau Pinang of west Malaysia. Even you go to Thailand,Cambodia & laos,u still can find wild betta...but their species are not the same as those in Borneo.Borneo is the center of biodiversity for wild Betta. Through out the South east Asia, Borneo is the only place on earth can find so many species of Betta.....I strongly believe still got new species of Betta out there waiting for people to discover !!! :)
Yeay! I"m going to try my luck and see if I can find something :) I know thre's like a stream nearby where my parents live so I'll have to check it out there, thanks!!
U r from west Malaysia? :)
Yeap :) Lived in Penang for 3 years before coming to study in Mexico but my parents are still there. I can't wait to go back and see what sorts of bettas they sell there and to see if I can actually catch one, that would be so cool!
I don't think the LFS is selling the wild betta. So....if u want to buy wild betta,u better go to collect it in the wild. Different state of West M'sia got different species of Wild Betta.....some are quite beautiful but difficult to find.

Anyway,i don't know much about the wild betta in West M'sia...so I can't give u much info about this. :(

Most reactions

Back