My hybrids are growing up!

Have you looked around to see if these hybrids have been done before with sucess?? What are your plans for them? (if any?)

You shouldnt distibute these fish. There are enough hybrid cichlids. It's getting hard to find a natural fish if you don't know what to look for. :/

They are breeding...the female is holding.....and no I do not plan on distributing them.....2 males and one female don't make for a very good breeding pair for one....these fish were an accident and were created by no fault of their own....and even though THEY ARE hybrids, they are still beautiful. :wub:

Ope! Thank you for all the compliments and nominations! :D

I second the nomination for the 3rd picture........very beautiful and colorful fish.

Why FM, I didn't know you were a keeper of hybrids?????? :shifty: :flex: :kana:

i gotta stop looking at your pics. i'm gonna start to look at my tank and wish it was like FM's

FOTM on the first pic

cat.fish

What kind of example are you setting for new hobbyists? They'll see that hideous unnatural man-made creation and think "oh, thats a pretty fish." Why would you purposely show off such a terrible example of fishkeeping? If you have allowed your fish to hybridize you should cull the fry so that the pure strains of fish remain that way, PURE. Not be proud of owning some freaks of aquarium breeding. People like you ruin this hobby and all the work that has gone to protecting and breeding true species. Either one of those fishes parents are far more beautiful than the monstrosity that you have allowed to exist.

If you like your fish, then by all means, keep it, just don't show it off as something to be proud of. All you are accomplishing by this post is that it makes it seem ok for people to mix fish that look far better in there natural form. There are already too many hybrid fish in this hobby, please do not encourage it by showing off these "pretty" fish.

Please think twice before posting something like this again. I would be glad to explain myself further if you would like.

MB

Most reactions

Back