My Guppy Babies

Sah21

Reaction score
The other day I woke up and one of my female guppys had about 20 fry. Another of my females is having babies as we speak! :good: They are growing very quickly and I was just wondering how soon will they start showing their colours?

Congrats on your baby gups!! Always so pleasant to have experienced something so neat! Most of the time fry get black first, so if both parents were part black, you will start seeing some black within a week. After that, you will have to wait for 1-2 months for their other colours to show up. Sometimes longer :D Hope that helped.

depends on the colours they will be, some start showing black at a week then normally yellow at 1 month but will continue changing until about 6 months in y experience

I was wondering that myself. My guppy fry have a bit a black on the tail fin. They are about 3 weeks.

I would say 3 weeks, thats when mine color up. The darker colors show up first, so if you've got lighter colored guppys you may have to wait longer.

Mine will be a week tommorrow and thier tail parts are black already.. LOl...

Yeah on closer inspection some of them are already looking a bit darker. They're so cute!!

Most reactions

Back