My free neon!

fish_face

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I bought 10 neones today, well I ASKED for 10......and got 11! Bonus B)

I was just interested to find out if anyone else had got any cool stories about freebies or fish that were not what they asked for etc. :hyper:

Yep, bought 10 live river shrimp as food for our office tank green spot puffers. Got back to the office and counted 14. Cool.

Lfs had some new variety of rasbora with some harlequins, and one got in the bag with them so he let me keep it, also had free fish when took some baby platys in.

About 6 months back, i went to my local Pets at Home. I asked this Irish guy that works there for 6 wcmm - i ended up with 9! He was just like "that's near enough" lol. And then a couple of months later i went back to the same store and asked the same guy for 6 neons cos they had a special offer, 6 for £5 i think. I thought this was already a bargain until i got home and counted 13 neons! I couldn't believe my luck. Now whenever i visit that store, i always ask the Irish guy to get my fish! :p

I recently put two mollies in my Tank...after only a few minutes one gave birth. Not quite free fish but free preganant ones.

:lol:Maths are not his strong point then.

I too got 11 neons when I bought 10, He's called Billy No-Mates cos he was always on his own. Quite a character, he chased everyone else away. I'm down to 9 now but he's still bossy. ;)

He he i brought 12 neons and when i got home found out that i got 13! :D

I went to find an algea eater a few months back, saw a tank labled algea loaches and asked for five. The guy said "if you get six I will give you another free" I said OK. got em home and put em in the tank (can see all you experienced keepers smiling now) they turned out to be CAE's. The most aggresive fish I have ever seen, and I have kept breeding convicts.

Thats an example of getting something for free that was NOT a good thing. My fault I know for not researching first, but was not a member of this forum then :D

Jon

that's awful do you still have them.

Most reactions

Back