My Fishless Cycle Log

Below are pics of the tank as it was tonight. Not as much foam/suds as the other night but still many bubbles on the surface. I've also been hearing a fast "blub blub blub" sound but then tonight realized the air hose had come out of the tube of the sponge filter and the air hose was pumping air right into the water. Now I'm not sure if that would cause the ammo to stop dropping but I did notice it and fixed it. My best guess is that it's been like that for at least a couple of days if not more. I also fixed some of the decorations because up until now they were all just jumbled up in there, particularly the plants (silk/plastic) and I thought maybe this was impeding water flow throughout the tank. So I rooted some of the plants down, etc. I then realized how large this 3" sponge filter is compared to the size of my tank and how much room it takes up; would it be as beneficial to cut it up and put the pieces in with my current filter?

Tonight's levels (before I noticed the sponge filter had come apart from the air hose):
Ph: dark blue, probably higher than 7.6
High ph: again hard to tell, looks like it has a bit of a pinkish orange hue to it so maybe more like 7.8 than 7.6
ammo: still at 2
nitrites: 0 (this one still baffles me)
nitrates: 5
*sigh* am I ever going to be able to have fish in this thing?
sad1.gif

Attachments

• DSC00150.jpg
    DSC00150.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00151.JPG
    DSC00151.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 27

Most reactions

Back