My First Trip To The Salty Side!

Update:

Im starting too see alot more aptasia! Still have not been able to get anything to take care of it yet hopefully this weekend.

On a good note (i think) im starting to see tons of little white things swimming around at night. Im assuming these are the copepods. I also have about 20 of those little white snails, i hope these are okay for the tank.

Also im going tonight to pick some live rock up from the 75G i posted above about 5 lbs for ten bucks!!!! This will give me 14lbs of live rock, very excited as this has been in a reef setup for years!

All my paramaters are great:

Salinity= 1.025
Ammonia = 0
NO2 = 0
NO3 = 5
PH = 8

Looks like the cycle is complete in 5 days?? Any comments on this if it seems normal? should i go ahead with my big water change and start with my CUC? Also any info on the lighting question above will be great. Seems kinda quiet lately lol

Cycles can vary in length, so yes, normal - however if you are adding more live rock dont get your cuc until you are sure you are not going to have another mini cycle :good: so, hold off with the water change, put the live rock in and test after 48 hrs

Seffie x

Will do! I will be waiting till mid next week for CUC anyway. Will keep everyone posted! Hopefully new pics tommorow.

GetAttachment2.jpg

FTS with the new rock!

Most reactions

Back