My First Aquascape Finally Coming Together

Never give up on Blyxa. It melts terribly. Keep replanting it until it resprouts.

Looks good. Well done

AC

thanks AC, can you go a little more in depth about that, when you say keep replanting it what exactly do you mean as the 1st and second lot of blyxa melted within a few days, there was literally nothing left so how could i replant it?

Absolutley stunning m8 :)

thanks jen :D , i just need some L046's and i'll be good :nod: i'll keep updating with pics.

Hey SuperCorley, is there any chance of some more info about the japonica?

Absolutley stunning m8 :)

thanks jen :D , i just need some L046's and i'll be good :nod: i'll keep updating with pics.

Hey SuperCorley, is there any chance of some more info about the japonica?

Running the CO2 high helps with blyxa in the early stages, it should send out some new shoots, even if they are only a few cm long they will grow into healthy plants.

Running the CO2 high helps with blyxa in the early stages, it should send out some new shoots, even if they are only a few cm long they will grow into healthy plants.

thanks aaron, to make things worse my co2 ran out today and because of easter weekend i wont be able to get some more for a while, i hope this doesn't harm things too much!! I've been so bloody busy with my new job that i didn't even notice!!

thanks aaron, to make things worse my co2 ran out today and because of easter weekend i wont be able to get some more for a while, i hope this doesn't harm things too much!! I've been so bloody busy with my new job that i didn't even notice!!

cut the photperiod down to 6hrs or half the lighting. It happens all the time but i keep a 2nd one on hand incase this problem pops up!

New 10 week picture is on the the first post. Also updated the pic of my puffer tank. There should be a positive change in the next couple of weeks so i'll keep updating, also waiting for my koralia 2 pump which should help with healthy growth. Enjoy :rolleyes:

I love the before and after. looks good. Just the right amount of plants.

thanks snowflake, it could be much better, it just looks a little scrappy at the moment, i'm waiting for some new plants so when they arrive i'll give it a good prune and re arrange a few things.

thanks fellas, i noticed a defficiency on one of the plants last night, its got a rusty brown leaf tip, i'll post pics when i get a chance, any ideas what it might be? Still waiting for my koralia pump - i'm hoping that will make a difference in the growth department as the HC just won't quite spread to the corners.

WOW..... that looks incredible

how tall has the camboda got

sorry mate didn't see this post, the cabomba is a pain in the #### to be honest, if it grew straight it would look amazing but of coarse it grows towards the stronger light and it looks messy as hell. I have to proon it every few days because it grows so fast, i pulled one bit out yesterday and it must have been about a metre!!! Unbelievable.

Looking great m8, cant help about the defiency?... maybe its just the CO2 or the ferts are not been distrabuted evenly the korilia should help with that :)

Most reactions

Back