My filter is sucking up all my fish!!!!!!!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fishdude

Fishaholic
Reaction score
what should i do. do i have to buy another filter or can i do something to my filter. it is a Aquatech 20-40. I desperately need help!!!! :( :(

sounds like it's too powerful, can you adjust the power on it? you can put some stocking material (foot of a tights) over the inlet to stop the fishies from being damaged.

How long have you had your filter in your tank? What fish is the filter sucking up (i.e babies or adults)?

well i guess you could say rosy reds are pretty small. they were the ones sucked up and also one huge goldfish also died. I just got this tank 2 days ago.

i wouldnt use tights material at all.......all the waste will just collect on that n not on ur filter sponge....try some kind of mesh....or anythin that has big enuff holes for the waste but not too big that it'll let ikkle fishies in ;)

i had a similar problem once but i cant immagin the fish getting sucked thru the filter. the first thing i would suggest if its not a bit late would be to switch off the filter and for reducing the flow. with some hose on the outlet. the trouble is i dont know what sort of filter it is

I have an aquatech power filter and I can not imagine it sucking my fish up. The water is pulled in through the tube towards the bottom of the tank and up into the "canister part" where the carbon filter packs are, runs through it and back into the tank.

Are the fish getting sucked to the part that's attached to the tube? I did have one fish stuck on it once, but he was sick and dying. Are your fishies that are getting sucked up healthy?

Good luck! I hope you get it fixed. :)

If i was u id get a new pump other wise suffer more fish deaths :/

Most reactions

Back