My Fighter And The Tank's New Background

Gorgeous :good: But I'm about, 90% sure she's a man -_- Huuge ventrals, females only normally have diddy ones, same with dorsal and anal, and combined with the flaring, bubblenests and aggression.... It's not uncommon to have males in females clothing, out of the 4 'females' I've bought from petshops, two have been male.

I tried taking better pictures today, but to no avail. I just can't get a good in-focus, closeup. But okay, I think I agree with everyone about her being a guy... especially because of the long ventrals. I had these questions early on, but I guess my betta has finally matured to make it certain that she's a he. I guess a rename is in order. :X

Anyone else picked up a betta like this from Walmart's female betta cups?!?

Oh and thanks for all the additional compliments! I love my betta. :wub:

well to be honest regardless of gender, it is still an exceptional looking betta. you must be so proud, i know i would be :D

That's a great looking fish regardless of gender, but I also think you've got a male. She's got that extra bit of flesh in the gill flap that really screams "Male" to me. No worries, I found my Hunding in the girlie tank at my LFS, just flaring away at all the pretty ladies, and he turned out to be all male! Great thing is you get a great male plakat at a female price! Hunding was $1.89, my cheapest and favorite betta.

Beautiful tank, and gorgeous Plakat :p! I have NEVER seen a Betta of that quality at any pet store or WM, ever. If I did see Bettas like that at my local stores, I would have way more Bettas.

I myself have had several "transgender" boys ^_^ they're very tricky! I've had girls build tiny little nests, but that nest and his finnage and everything really does scream boy.

You got her from Walmart?!?!?! wow....in LA, the walmart fish section is a very very depressing little corner of floaters and fish eating other fish....think 'lord of the flies' but for fishies. :no:

The Walmart near me is depressing too. This little betta was one of the last 4 still alive; there was quite a few that were dead in their cups. Here's what "he" looked like when I first got him mid-February.

brandon.jpg

And his new name is Brandon.

Again, thanks for all the sweet comments... everyone here is so nice -- THANKS.

EDIT: New server. Picture moved.

:shout: poor mixed up fishy! no only joking it is great. The only females round near me were cramned into a tank I got 2 one died they replaced it free, and then they both died. There just isnt any about. My hubby dont take me to garden centres lately in case I go into aquatic centre and come out with a fish! :lol: He probably wont take me on holiday again because I came back from there with one. :drool: :drool:

What a lucky person you are to find such a nice male PK in an LFS! ;) and if she IS a female, then she's one of the prettiest I've seen. :good:

Most reactions

Back