My Day At Zoo Miami

lljdma06

Retired moderator :)
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I've done this with some aquatic nursery pictures at Planted. I have an HD camera, so files are huge. I fix this by making a powerpoint then uploading the pdf file to a hosting website.

The images are from Zoo Miami in Miami, FL.

lljdma06's day at Zoo Miami

I've also included two mp3 links of some of the sounds you would hear at Zoo Miami. The mp3 urls are good for 30 days...

Birds of Asia

Samang Gibbons

Brilliant photos!

That camera is great for Macros ain't it.

They are great pictures! The siamang gibbons were quite amusing actually!

Cheers,
Alessa!

Lovely pics
seems a really natural and spacious zoo. wish I could visit especially now where it is snowy and icy and minus outside where I live!!!

The frogs are cute would really like to give those a go one day

Simon

Brilliant photos!

That camera is great for Macros ain't it.

It automatically adjusts if it notices a macro situation. I ran the "brain-dead" settings yesterday and let the camera decide. For tank pix, I take more control and manually adjust the settings. But no quibble, this is a fine point and shoot. With a good memory card, vacations are easy.

Thanks for sharing and taking the time, I love your powerpoint displays and to have the sounds was just perfect, although two of my bengal cats were a bit confused :p - more please

Seffie x

Lovely pix and a great day out

Thanks for sharing and taking the time, I love your powerpoint displays and to have the sounds was just perfect, although two of my bengal cats were a bit confused :p - more please

Seffie x

Honestly Seffie, it's the only way I can upload pictures here other than using photobucket. And I was not going to upload 62 images into photobucket. :crazy: With my internet connection, that would have taken all day. The HD camera pictures are HUGE files. The powerpoint to pdf is actually less time-consuming.

:lol: They liked the sound files, eh? I'm super tempted to make the gibbons a ring tone.

Over the holidays, I plan on doing some more trips like that. Any practice with the camera is great.

I took in your slide show L and it was great, really enjoyed it. I've been sick this week and boy would it be nice to be down there in some more warmth and humidity, like a Miami tropical exhibit! It's just so cold and dry up here.

Maybe you've inspired me enough that I'll take my point and shoot up to Virginia over the holiday and try some shots. I'm getting too infamous for never having pushed a shutter button, or maybe it's never doing anything with the picture data, lol. My point and shoot is not as new as yours but was supposed to be good at the time and I've pulled some good ones out of it in the past.

WD

I took in your slide show L and it was great, really enjoyed it. I've been sick this week and boy would it be nice to be down there in some more warmth and humidity, like a Miami tropical exhibit! It's just so cold and dry up here.

Maybe you've inspired me enough that I'll take my point and shoot up to Virginia over the holiday and try some shots. I'm getting too infamous for never having pushed a shutter button, or maybe it's never doing anything with the picture data, lol. My point and shoot is not as new as yours but was supposed to be good at the time and I've pulled some good ones out of it in the past.

WD

Well, when you start your planted journal, we will expect pictures plenty, so might as well get some practice in now. :)

Nice photos, looks like you had a lot of fun llj
Those Ruddy Ducks and Mandarin Ducks are really common here in the UK :hyper: :shifty:
Carl

Nice photos, looks like you had a lot of fun llj
Those Ruddy Ducks and Mandarin Ducks are really common here in the UK :hyper: :shifty:
Carl

I did have a good time. I'll always like the zoo. The good thing is that membership at Zoo Miami also gets me free admission to like 150+ other zoos across the US. A nice thing to enjoy if I travel. Will probably be going back tomorrow for the Christmas lights. Of course, will post pix...

llj

Most reactions

Back