My Cories Are Spawning Everywhere!

@NCaquatics do you fill your fry tank half full or all the way?
For any fish that needs to breathe air (cories and labyrinth fish) i keep it only 2-3 inches deep when theyre really little and increase it to about 4-5 inches deep until they move to a full 10 gallon once they reach over half an inch.

Makes it easier for them to reach the surface to breathe

For any fish that needs to breathe air (cories and labyrinth fish) i keep it only 2-3 inches deep when theyre really little and increase it to about 4-5 inches deep until they move to a full 10 gallon once they reach over half an inch.

Makes it easier for them to reach the surface to breathe
Thanks. I do that for my goldfish too, actually. Easier to get food. I appreciate all of your help. :)

My Cory tank has turned into one big happy dance. Albinos chasing albinos, bronze chasing bronze, bronze chasing albino. Just crazy! Pandas are hiding. Aa couple of albinos are definitely full of eggs. I think I’ll leave these in tank. I have enough to take care of. I just can’t believe this has started like this though. Very interesting!
593B5B33-EFEC-438C-A82E-D9F2BF4647C8.jpeg
27DBF945-C6BD-4757-92A0-20D0AAE489FE.jpeg
AC03B201-152A-483E-B80D-9FED4B9FD054.jpeg
1F514A67-E98D-4CB1-AF06-CB2ABDDF9F2D.jpeg
F6C9F2D5-A78C-4CE6-9A60-5672BFCE50F8.jpeg
C3A1AA3E-AE14-4ECF-BD59-836B7D7B23D5.jpeg
085B995D-BFC1-428B-8268-343925DC0F08.jpeg

I’m trying to get photo of mom’s belly. You can see egg tube open.

Last edited:
One hiding to rest a few minutes.
DE9DCB04-6AC9-4FD7-88C6-411FA396ECA3.jpeg

So bronze eggs :D
Yes, it looks like it. I know albinos are bronze cories so could I get a Mx of albino color and bronze color? Would love to get some of those really pretty bronze ones.

If any albinos breed with albinos or if any of the normal bronze carry the albino gene and bred with an albino you should get some albino babies.

@NCaquatics , I now have over 150 eggs. Most are greenish in color with black dots inside. Appear to be fertile but never saw anyone in a T position. Why not?

Well, as luck would have it, I now spot just a couple of cherry barb fry bopping around in the tank. I thought the cherry barb spawn didn’t take so I put the Cory eggs in there. I have to feed the barbs a bit of First Bites but I don’t want to foul the water. I also now fear that the Cory fry will eat the barb fry because they will be larger. Any suggestions? Barbs are far too tiny to attempt to net.

You can take a breeder mesh box, keep the cory eggs in that and the barbs outside.
If the mesh is too wide, @mbsqw1d suggested pantyhose over it in place of the netting it comes with. Was a fantastic suggestion to AdoraBelle

You can take a breeder mesh box, keep the cory eggs in that and the barbs outside.
If the mesh is too wide, @mbsqw1d suggested pantyhose over it in place of the netting it comes with. Was a fantastic suggestion to AdoraBelle
That is a great idea!

Most reactions

Back