My Community:- Advise Required

dryzone

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

My tank has cycled and I am contemplating this community. Please help me identify any potential issues regarding set-up and species. Thank you so kindly

Tank size L= 48" x W = 14" x H = 18"
Filter = Fluval 405
Lights = Can't remember but the LFS said they were great for this set-up
Plants = Quite heavily planted with mixture of fast growing and slow growing plants, can't remember names but I can get them for you if important.
Heater = water heated at approx 26 Celsius
PH at around - 7.5

2 x Panda cory (Already settled)
3 x (Chinese algae eaters already settled but thinking of getting rid of them because of advise read here)
4 x Platies (Already settled)
2 x Sailfin Mollies (Already settled)
3 x Dwarf Guaramis (Potential purchases 2F & 1M)
12 x Leopard Danios (Potential purchase)

Is this too many or too few fish and will the mixture work apart from the Chinese algae eaters, any other fish I could contemplate?

I know, I know, so many questions :/

Thanks again

Peter

So whats the exact size of your tank, 55 gallons?
I would drop the Chinese Algae Eaters.
Then you could have something like this:
4 panda corries
4 platies
2 sailfin mollies
3 dwarf gouramis (2F/1M)
8 Leopard Danios
6 Harlequins

Or something along those lines.

You have a 55gal tank which is a good size for a community. I would definately get rid of the chineese algae eaters as they get very aggressive when adults, if you want something other than the traditional pleco, you could try 4-5 oto's they're great about eating algae off plants w/o hurting them, http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=35094 . Before adding any new species, you should address what you already have. Corys need to be in larger groups, preferably 5 or more. I would also add a couple more mollies.

If it were me, this is the stocking I'd go with.

5 x panda cory
4 x oto
4 x platies
4 x mollies
3 x dwarf gourami
12 x leopard danios

That would get you fully stocked, and would be a very attractive lively tank. Good luck, and be sure to post pics. :good:

That's fantastic feedback guys, thank you. I've purchased the Gourami's today. I'll wait about a week or so before purchasing the other cory's and mollies.

Those Oto's look cute, I'll have to keep an eye out for them. The harlequinsa are also a good idea, I'll decide when i find a really good LFS.

Most reactions

Back