My Bp, Parley

Sunny_Cait

Reaction score
Hey all!

I have a blood parrot who is exeptionally personable... He is a great fishy-model. He is a rescue who was dumped off on a pal of mine who owns a small FS, and I was asked if I could take him in, as she was not really set up for taking in rescues at the time (although now she is flooded with BPs!!) So of course I said yes... Best sucker decision ever!

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

Hope you enjoyed. :)

can u get a picture of its breeding tube??
so i can determine if its a female or male.
i can sex BP by looking at there breeding tube.
i'm pretty good at sex cichlids by looking at there breeding tube.

can u get a picture of its breeding tube??
so i can determine if its a female or male.
i can sex BP by looking at there breeding tube.
i'm pretty good at sex cichlids by looking at there breeding tube.
All bow down to the great breeding tube master. You realize they need to be about to spawn to have the tubes out :rolleyes:

And a 5 year old could determine the sexes by looking at the breeding tubes, its not difficult at all.

Drew

Nice one poopsydrew, but no need to be mean. Also, i dont recall her asking for you to sex the parrot but maybe i missed something. But you never know.

Thanks, Suicidal_AZN, for the offer, but, as Drew said, he needs to be spawning in order to see his breeding tube, and he (or, heck, even she) is never going to have that opportunity. I'd like to know for sure what gender it is, but, seeing as it looks male to me, that is what I call it, for the sake of not having to call it "it". I'm actually thinking "he" is a "she", because of his relatively small size. He is about the size of my hand minus the last joint on my fingers, and he has not grown since I brought him home. But who knows.

Thanks, Suicidal_AZN, for the offer, but, as Drew said, he needs to be spawning in order to see his breeding tube, and he (or, heck, even she) is never going to have that opportunity. I'd like to know for sure what gender it is, but, seeing as it looks male to me, that is what I call it, for the sake of not having to call it "it". I'm actually thinking "he" is a "she", because of his relatively small size. He is about the size of my hand minus the last joint on my fingers, and he has not grown since I brought him home. But who knows.
Who knows is right but "he" is a nice looking fish. I had some parrots awhile back and they do make great wet pets.

Thanks for posting pics :good:

Drew

Hey all!

I have a blood parrot who is exeptionally personable... He is a great fishy-model. He is a rescue who was dumped off on a pal of mine who owns a small FS, and I was asked if I could take him in, as she was not really set up for taking in rescues at the time (although now she is flooded with BPs!!) So of course I said yes... Best sucker decision ever!Hope you enjoyed. :)
Cool pics, looks like one of mine when younger :good:

Look at his/her littly willy bit, if its pointy it's a male, if its not point but more rounded its a female.
I'll get some close ups of mine some time if you want to check, they have bred.

I don't think he minds being called Parley. Technically, that could be male or female. :)

To be honest I blood parrots have never really appealed to me that much. These pics have swayed me a little bit though ;)

This photo in particular I find really good :)

IMG_0708.jpg

Most reactions

Back