My Beautiful New Betta! :o)

J

Jess

Hey Guys,

Ive been wanting a new betta for ages now and decided yesterday that i was going to get one, but obviously i should look around first and not just buy on impulse... Well, that didn't last long!!! I went to the LFS today just to 'look' at their bettas and totally fell in love with this little guy. I couldnt see him too well as he was right at the back but he looked a really pretty colour and he was "wiggling" and flaring at me - Obviously saying "PICK ME! PICK ME!" I had to didnt i...? lol

Im not too great on tail types but hes not a CT or a VT... When i first saw him i thought he might be a HM which ive wanted for AGES!! But im not sure... theres so many different tail types!! Can anyone tell me what he is for sure?! :) And what colour?! he's kind of turquoisy with white ends on his fins and he is just beautiful (IMO anyway! :p lol)

Well, here's a load of pics... sorry, i went a bit over the top with the digi cam... :rolleyes:

(Sorry about the quality, hes in a plastic thing which my brother "cleaned" with a scouring pad...lol)

dennis0809pic2.jpg

dennis0809pic3.jpg

dennis0809pic6.jpg

dennisprettytail0809.jpg

denniscloseup0809.jpg

!!!!!

oh i adore his colors! my sister has been looking for a green colored betta like this one. very nice lookin' fella you got there.

Isn't he gorgeous?! I named him Dennis btw... does it suit him? :rolleyes: lmao These names aren't random you know.. One day someone will catch on! :D

Delta... hmmm... is that good?! :/ lol i know CT, VT and HM! :D

Thanks for the link... Im not sure if that is his tail type... His does go straight up when he's not being lazy and letting it droop i think... When i got him out of the bag it looked like a D.. but he's not done it since... I shall try and get a pic of him looking half-awake when he's had a bit more time to settle in! :)

Maybe he was just very stressed when i got him out of the bag! :) lol

he has lovely colors! looks liek arnie's going ot have soime competition for your attention now!

anywyas, he does loko like a delta to me too, a halfmoon has a perfect 180 spread, if you can get a pictur eof him flaring we can probably guess a bit better :)

he'd say he's a turqoise green color, is it just the camera or does he have a bit of white along the edges of his tail ?

I say Supa Delta....

like cc said a flare pic would be good

A betta I posted some pictures of the other day is a super delta according to the pet store... but they probably added the 'super' on to sell them quicker. He isn't flaring in any of the pictures but his tailspan isn't incredibly wide. Your betta's tail looks about the same as his, 'cept not as rounded. Hard to say.

Hey,

He wont flare :/ What is it with me?! I always buy the stupid bettas that wont flare! Arnie wont either... They're right next to each other and they just look over at each others tanks then swim away :rolleyes: lol Stoopid fishies!! I tried a mirror and that didnt work but he did get a bit upset when i put his food in his tank (he ate it all btw :) ) I shall keep working on the flare pic, though like Arnie's, it may take a while!lol

I think he's probably a delta or something, he has a very round tail when he gets excited but most of the time its just drooping behind him... :rolleyes: lol Whatever he is, he's cute! :D

cc - Arnie will never have competition for my attention!!!! Hes still got the biggest tank hasn't he?! :D lol! New betta (Dennis!lol) does have white on the edges of all of his fins and those two little things at the front are completely white! (impressed by my lack of knowledge of 'technical' terms?! :D lol)

I will try and get a better pic of him but that plastic tank doesnt help! When i have enough money i may get him one like Arnies... If he's good!! If i manage to get any better pics tonight i shall post them! :D

Jess

Ok, got some pics of him flaring!!! Id taken Arnie out of his tank and put him in a bag while i scrubbed his algae covered tank!!! At first i put him in Dennis's tank - Bad idea ppl!! Dennis tried to eat him thru the bag! :D lol So i put the bag next to the tank and managed to get a couple of pics of him flaring! Got One half-decent one of Arnie too! he may be a plain on VT but he looks AMAZING when he flares... I love him even more now!! lol

Anyway, back to Dennis, here's a whole load of pics!

First one is of their tanks - Arnie's is all clean again there!lol

bettatanks0809.jpg

For cc - Dennis's colour without the flash!! Its a kind of dark green and white, pretty... i think anyway! :D

denniscolour0809.jpg

Dennis trying to eat Arnie's Bag... lol

dennisarniebag0809.jpg

Sorry about the reflection... think you can make him out!

dennisflare20809.jpg

Last one and unfortunately this was the best i got! lol Kinda minging that you can see straight down his gills though, sorry! lol

dennisflare0809.jpg

Delta?lol

Jess

Cool! :D He's cute and thast all that matters to me, but its good to know what kind of tail he has! :D

Most reactions

Back