My aquarium

kenneth_kpe

Lider op da pises.
Reaction score
i have nothing to do now :) im just posting my tank for everybody to comment on, its my first planted tank and its a small 13 gallon aquarium :)

This is my tank when it was around 2 months old

during this time it was running around 2 WPG and with a diy c02

Attachments

• first.jpg
    first.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 45
here is my tank when it was around 4 mos i think :D after the first pic i think after a week i decided to up my lights to around 3 WPG via a DIY hood ( that burned haha)

Attachments

• Image003.jpg
    Image003.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 38
here is my tank that was taken a couple of weeks ago :) as you can see the small plants literally took over my entire tank !! :crazy: i did a bad mistake by not researching really well on my plants before picking them :) im gonna remove some of em and redesign my plants with a trial aquascape :)

Attachments

• recent.jpg
    recent.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 51
Actually, I kind of like the third picture. Although there are a lot of plants it looks very realistic.

Good Job!

kenneth, you are definitely right to remove those swords you planted in front. They are too big now, and will grow MUCH MUCH bigger. Swords simply out-grow tanks-- anything smaller than a 200g tank will probably, eventually, have to remove larger swords. 13g is definitly too small. That sucks of course because the roots run really, really deep.

Good luck finding some small plants to use in the foreground-- I would recommend dwarf sagitteria for easiest option, though it might also be too big to be appropriate for this tank. Just to say, fine sand is not the best option for top substrate in a planted aquarium-- it can cause compaction that crushes or suffocates roots. I thought the earlier gravel was much better for the plants, and looked much more attractive.

You should be proud of your plant's health and growth though! It shows you know how to do it-- now go out and get some more plants. :)

man...if you got nothing to do...I have plenty of work here....help me out...cleaning my tanks....just kidding....nice tank :kewlpics:

haha its hard cleaning tanks you know :D

btw i added the sand in front for my 6 cories, i think they now love me for doing it :D and the compacting effect... im starting to notice it but it only covers the front of my tank but its slowly invading the whole tank !! hahaha

yup, i placed the sand of top of my gravel, its doing okay. for around 2 mos now but its getting mixed up with the gravel, it works okay but i dont think itl last long :) i shouldve used a divider or something :D

:lol: :lol: What about some Crypto Parva, or Glosso for the front. My motto is "If ya can see substrate, there's room for a Plant". Never forget, more plants, More oxygen for the Fishies. :lol: :lol: :lol: ............
Well Done. Keep the :snap: :snap: :snap: on coming,. It's the Only way to stay Sane, specially with Fufanfufu learking. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's :rofl: :rofl: FuFu...... :rofl:

yup i added the sand in the tank while the fishes where there ( i used my gravel vas as sort of like a funnel to place the sand where i wanted it) :D im gonna try a carpeting plant next time but i gotta move my other plants first :p heheh

jbennett said:
Never forget, more plants, More oxygen for the Fishies.
...except at night when the plants use oxygen rather than produce it...

Nice looking little tank, that CO2 is really working for you!

Most reactions

Back