My 4ft Planted Tank

MarineMoney

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
4ft planted tank, hope sizing is okay spent ages getting it down to minimum size.
Plants are still in debateable phase, meaning my aquascaping is taking alot of consideration, but isnt that meant to be the fun part...

Attachments

• resize.JPG
    resize.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 74
Nice tank! :good:

Have you ever considered cutting your moss balls in half?

I do this and lay the flat side down and it looks like the moss is growing up from the gravel almost like a carpet. It's a pretty cool look.

I do this and lay the flat side down and it looks like the moss is growing up from the gravel almost like a carpet. It's a pretty cool look.

Actually I havent thought of that, but thanks to you I have now :) Good idea and it would look pretty cool because i've never seen that before.

Thankyou!

4ft planted tank, hope sizing is okay spent ages getting it down to minimum size.
Plants are still in debateable phase, meaning my aquascaping is taking alot of consideration, but isnt that meant to be the fun part...
very wery nice
i think you have done this before lol :good: :good:
well done you should be proud of that

eric :good:

very nice tank you have created there! its great to see a nice variety of different plants.

have you thought about changing the background to a single solid colour?
you mentioned something about the plants and aquascaping so i assumed you weren't 100% happy with the look, which you should be, so adding a single solid colour (i found black works the best) can really enhance the colour of the plants and fish. just a suggestion :)

pink.

very nice tank you have created there! its great to see a nice variety of different plants.

have you thought about changing the background to a single solid colour?
you mentioned something about the plants and aquascaping so i assumed you weren't 100% happy with the look, which you should be, so adding a single solid colour (i found black works the best) can really enhance the colour of the plants and fish. just a suggestion :)

pink.

I have thought of that actually, and would be more open to try it if my tank was positioned a bit better. With the abundance of wires at the back it takes ages to get the background slid under, straightened and secure..and with the width from the tank to the wall being a bit more than just arms room its a bit of a pain.

Yeah, I am a perfectionist and can spend a solid 2-3 hours adjusting the plants..i find when they grow it can get a bit messy and not look how it looked in the beginning. But then im never dead set on anything, my tank will never be exactly the same from one month to the next, i try not to uproot it too much but im always toying with new scaping ideas, its fun!

Thanks for the comment and sugestion!

Actually I havent thought of that, but thanks to you I have now :) Good idea and it would look pretty cool because i've never seen that before.

Thankyou!

Here is a pic of how it looks.

456972759_AjSgL-O.jpg

Most reactions

Back