My 48" Tank

a discus tank should ideally be around 28 Celsius anyway so the rams would be ok, neons, cardinals and rummy nose tetras are very often and happily kept with discus often and seem to do absolutely fine, there is plenty of plecs and other compatible fish that like the higher temperatures also.
i had a trio of gbr's breeding in a 125 litre tank last year at around 26 Celsius so temps below 28 does not necessarily an automatic end to heir lives.
some people only have bad things to say, a bit of CONSTRUCTIVE criticism wouldn't go a miss.

Dave
read the sub-title mate

never said it would automatically end their lives...i think you should read a few scientific papers published by experts on the make up of german blue rams, when kept at lower temperatures their immune and digestive systems are surpressed, leaving them vunerable to disease, and malnutrition.

hmm must be the first gbr's in the world then to breed under such atrocious conditions! maybe some people should gain more experience before trying to give constructive advice rather than reading scientific papers, experience, its bloomin priceless!

aye dont worry mate ive had loads of experience with rams...i couldnt keep them alive at 25 degrees...read a few papers that have been published realised my problem and now they thrive! sometimes doing research can top experience

thats good then as the rams will be in the discus set up. Any suggestions as to what sort of ro system i should be looking for and also pressurised co2 system? thanks nick

What is the Ph and hardness of your tapwater? In most cases i feel RO is unnecessary for freshwater species.

As for CO2 systems you are best off asking in the planted sections,

Most reactions

Back