My 20G Semi Aggro Tank.

Californialivin, try some hornwart in there too, really easy to grow :D Definitely agree on more plans in there! The more the better! :D

Will do. I have arogromite sand mixed with white and blue gravel I think I'm going to keep it for atleast a few months. Maybe somewhere down the line go to black sand substrate. It'll probably help make the fish pop out at you. Here is some slightly better picture of the rams my camera has a hard time focusing on fish idk why.

Attachments

• IMG_0233.JPG
    IMG_0233.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0234.JPG
    IMG_0234.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 25
I can confirm that the white bordered plants are non aquatic. I think you have one longfinned variety and one regular - not an issue. They will firm up their colors. And you're right. a black substrate will really pop the fish! A black background will help a lot. I use a cheap 99 cent posterboard on mine.

So pull out all the white border plants how about the green little ones in the picture near the front of the tank and the big middle plant with green leaves are they non aquatic too? there is one like the white border one with a white line down the middle is that a reptile plant too?

it looks like you got some pretty good advice in the thread in the planted section! I would say add some more rocks and plants and youre good to go!

Now my little ram suspected to be the female is attacking the bigger ram and the fin on the bigger ram was nicked i might try taking him back to the lfs tomorrow and exchanging him in.

The little ram will ram the bigger colorful one, nipp at the longer fins even seems as if its swim fin (the ones near the Gils) are hurt now both fish are alive and still swimming around regularly. But I think the little one they sexed as female maybe is male. Should I take one back to the fish store nd hope they have one with a for sure pink belly and small fins. Would these two I have kill eachother or stress eachother to death?!

IMO - yes, you should try again.. i believe this is what happened with my two. Now I have 1.

Okay ill get him back to the LFS what if I can't find a female. Will the ram be alright by itself?

Oh yeah. My guy is quite happy roaming about solo.

Most reactions

Back