My 1st Fish

danon

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Labidochromis caeruleus and Cyno afra white top.

What do you think?
Only been in the tank for 3 days and already got so much character. They approach the glass everytime i go near :good:
FISH1.jpg

Cheers darrel,
While you are here, i understand that when you feed they should eat everything within a few minutes.
Have been feeding twice a day but dont know if i am giving them enough, it usually goes within about 20 seconds!
Just a pinch. Dont want to over feed and cause illness.
When they do eat they go absolutely crazy :shout: :hyper:
You are right about the algae, constantly grazing on it.

Cheers darrel,
While you are here, i understand that when you feed they should eat everything within a few minutes.
Have been feeding twice a day but dont know if i am giving them enough, it usually goes within about 20 seconds!
Just a pinch. Dont want to over feed and cause illness.
When they do eat they go absolutely crazy :shout: :hyper:
You are right about the algae, constantly grazing on it.

No worries .. They do go crazy for food, and with some foods they would literally just gauge themselves with it which would not be good!! .. Its better to underfeed than overfeed .. overfeeding leads to all sorts of problems.

If in doubt, feed less! :good:

Your Lab looks awesome, Reminds me of one of mine, with the distinct black edging on his top fin :good:

Yeah they are hungry little buggers, mine come to the glass everytime im in the room and just go away once I give them food :D I feel used :crazy:

Mine literally go mental for prawn, I hand feed prawn and they just snatch it out of my hand, and the Grekshae (Spelling) and Afra bite me if there is no prawn :D

They're lovely!

It's perfectly normal for them to be greedy little pigs, my acei will come halfway out of the water to snag food while I'm dropping it. :wub: Unlike your "regular" community fish, when feeding mbuna you just have to gauge the proper amount, and not worry about how long it takes them to eat. When fed properly, mbuna will ALWAYS be hungry. :good:

Most reactions

Back