My 1st Aquarium

please don't talk in riddle, kindly tell me what to do. I know i had to install a perfect water filter. what else

Alright, firstly get rid of the fish in that tank, next, CYCLE the tank prior to adding any fish. (There are threads on fishless cycles in the tropical chat section), thirdly, decide weither you want tropical or coldwater fish. Currently as it stands, you have 3 goldfish and the 2 sharks and whatever else is in that tank. The fish you showed in the one picture that you called "tiger barbs" we're all fancy goldfish. Please return these guys as your tank could barely fit 2 fancy goldfish, let alone the sharks...

No worries, we're here to help you, some people do have a crueler way of trying to help:

that is mean!! you should do some research before you buy, please take All of them back and restart

But others will try to help you the best they can:

Hey everyone, Bunty is a newbie And here is everyone giving her a hard time, I am sure she is totally unaware of the mistakes she has made.

I was exactly the same when i got my first tank. People are quick in jumping down peoples throats. There are nicer ways to explain things to people.

Pffft Shame on you people

Edit Sorry thought u were a she.

Just remember, if you need help, nothing is better than just asking.

Good luck, but I highly reccommend a restart on your tank ^_^

BTW, I love the purple lid lol.

thanks for your suggestion "PRW1988" and "scotslasszoe", i know i did made a mistake, i am a newbie. And its not my fault that i made this mistake. I will do the water cycle and i will soon post my new aquarium pics.
and thanks for the appreciation for the purple lid atleast there is something that people like.

please don't talk in riddle, kindly tell me what to do. I know i had to install a perfect water filter. what else

Right, I'll try to get you started - I know salesmen don't care what you buy as long as you buy something, so lots of people make huge mistakes in the beginning, including me.
Getting a good filter is necessary in order to get the right bacteria culture going to take care of the fish waste. So it's not so much to filter rubbish out as to get the right chemistry going. Please read the pinned articles on fishless cycling as well as cycling with fish that you can find under New to the hobby.
After that, take your time to ask around as well as read articles on what fish go together and what fish will be happy in the tank size you have. Could it be about 50 liters? It didn't seem completely filled in your picture. I would suggest not going with goldfish at all, since they're cold water fish and get both big and messy. Tropical fish give you more choices and a real chance of success, but the water should be at between 25 - 28 degrees C.
Sorry to hear that Indian salesmen won't take fish back for a refund - surely you could argue that they have sold you the wrong fish for your tank? How are they to make money if people give up after their first mistake? Try talking to them in any case.

Will this be ok to start you off? Will be happy to help more as you go along, as far as I can. And there are a lot more of us!

IMO the best option for you right now would be to bag the fish up, drop them off at the store. Even if they say they won't take them back(even for free). Leave them there, the store most likely will take the if you dump them there. This means at least you tried to do what was best. IMO, don't buy anything else from that store find a different one. Tell them this and tell them why. They gave you a bunch of fish without making sure you could house and care for them properly.

good luck,
mikaila31

well for the past 3 hrs i am sitting here for getting new reviews on my aquarium, yes the tank is not fullyfilled as i had to transfer it to a new location. so i thought like will fill it full water later , but it still has 45 litre of water in it.
Regarding the cat fishes . I am waiting for this night to over 2moro i will return them back thats for sure. about the goldfishes.
i love them a lot. anyother suggestions please i am waiting here to get more so that i will take rigth appropriate step 2moro.

How many gold fish are in the tank?

You will need a 20gal to house even the smallest goldfish. Yours from the looks of it most of yours are commons I think. They will grown over 16" long. You could keep the black moors in a 20gal tank. All the other fish need to go back. If you try to cycle the tank with all of the goldfish, you will lose most of them and drastically shorten the lifespan of the ones that survive. The best option for the fish would be to take all of them back. Then you can do a fishless cycle and get you tank running properly. Also do you have and family or friends that have a aquarium?

ok, well i dont have a friend who had aquarium.I will return the fishes 2moro morning to the LFS and also those two cute iridient sharks . My family was in love the moment they saw them :(. but i hate to say not any more , thoses fishes are so hugh, i never thought of it the seller will make me a fool. Damn on him.

Apologies from me re the rather snappy reply....uhm....i was in a bit of a stinker this morning.. :blush:

Most reactions

Back