My 1125l Freshwater Aquarium

robertsskippyj said:

If you want and fancy driving down to south wales I have a 8ft x 2.5ft x 2ft i need to get rid of.

How much do you want for it and whereabouts in south wales? :D
pm me
Iiriva said:
Here's a new addition to our family! He is still small, only about 15 cms in lenght, but he sure is a beauty. We call him Morgoth.
tongue2.gif

He is an Acanthicus hystrix.

Hes beautiful! the name reminds me of a game i used to play with a demon boss called Morgaroth :D he sure will be a demon beast! :)

Thanks! I named him Morgoth, because we already have a pleco named Sauron, and hystrix is way more badass than panaque.

"Morgoth Bauglir (originally Melkor) is a fictional character from J. R. R. Tolkien’s Middle-earth legendarium. He is the main antagonist of The Silmarillion, figures in The Children of Húrin, and is mentioned briefly in The Lord of the Rings.
Melkor was the most powerful of the Ainur, but turned to darkness and became Morgoth, the definitive antagonist of Arda from whom all evil in the world of Middle-earth ultimately stems. Sauron, one of the Maiar of Aulë, betrayed his kind and became Morgoth's principal lieutenant."
And here's a new video, too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2qSHgtj8qk&feature=c4-overview&list=UU8xPe6jP87u4f0erlYRL0jw

We got 7 new, very young winemilleris yesterday! 
yahoo.gif
They're so cute!

1476513_10151860993659069_1387009519_n_zpsab4466cd.jpg
This is how we are doing today

It's looking GREAT!  The plants are really bedded in now.  What do you do about watering the plants?

Some of the plants have their roots in the tank, and the potted ones are watered regularly. Nothing special, really.

We now have two pairs of young winemilleris breeding! They all are mouthbrooding at the moment. I've set up a 40-liter tank for the baby fish when the parents let them loose. Then we'll try to catch as many as we can and raise them in a separate tank. :) And the parents are quite young too, about 1,5-2 years old, and they are MUCH smaller than the fully grown adults.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q1oUcY2eYo

Wow, that tank is just breathtaking!

Love the idea of the plants on top!

Fish look good and healthy! Sorry to hear about you having to rehome the clown loaches :/

All of my tanks will forever bow to this one lol. I don't think I could ever compete. Very nicely done. Love the shoal of clowns.

I never ever experienced such envy over someone else's stuff.

Thank you. ^^

We are proud of what we have.

And no, we are not rich or anything, actually we are quite poor, as we are a student couple, studying and working at the same time! We just had luck when we found this tank (used), and we built the top part ourselves. It's been a long project as we haven't been able to afford a lot of things at the same time. Luckily we have friends who do large scale aquariums as well, so they have been helping us to get stuff a bit cheaper, as they know where to get them. :)

Most reactions

Back