Multiple Female In Tank

wpg is apparently an outdated way of looking at light. It works for t12 but anything after needs additional calculation to convert the modern lighting to t12 standard. I think thats how it goes. Over at a huge planted tank net forum, hoppy, a guy, has a lighting chart that can provide a better idea. I base mine on his as i use tube fluoro. Some people use cfl and i dont know how that works out to be low or med light.

Id love to see your setup in pics when youre ready :D

Over at a huge planted tank net forum, hoppy, a guy, has a lighting chart that can provide a better idea. I base mine on his as i use tube fluoro. Some people use cfl and i dont know how that works out to be low or med light.

Id love to see your setup in pics when youre ready :D

I read that thread and yeah WPG is pretty unreliable. Im going to experiment with light levels for a few months, At least i can get an idea using the same make of bulbs. cool

And a few pics just cuz everybody loves a picture.

Been a couple months collecting various bits so not gonna set things up untill i have everything i need.

DSCF0450.jpg

cheers

Since its a rimless tank and I love rimless tanks, consider using a hydor inline heater with your canister filter. Removes another bulky thing in the tank. Following Amano, many people also like lily pipes and glass inflow pipes for a minimalistic look. Which I will upgrade to in the future. :D

Since its a rimless tank and I love rimless tanks, consider using a hydor inline heater with your canister filter. Removes another bulky thing in the tank. Following Amano, many people also like lily pipes and glass inflow pipes for a minimalistic look. Which I will upgrade to in the future. :D

Yeah i was looking at those hydor heaters and they take a 16 mm pipe but fluval 205 is 13mm. Im sure i can rig up something though with a few clamps and the likes. BUT... increasing the hose diameter on the outflow would increase the pressure on the impeller and may restrict the flow.

I have a two glass tubes to fit on the inlet/ outlet so way ahead there, just need to find someone who will cut them to size.

Also had a great idea for a bubble counter. An old water guage glass from an industrial boiler with an Led behind it. Nice:)

Most reactions

Back