Multi Fry, How Big When Selling And What Price?

elisew

I don`t count sheep to get to sleep, I count fish
Reaction score
I currently have approx 30 ish (possibly more) multi fry in a 35L tank, they`re from 3 different pairs of adults (I have 8 adults). All of the fry are growing really well, some are newly hatched others are quite big now but the time is coming when I have to seriously consider selling them due to the lack of space factor. The biggest of the fry are about 1.5 cm which does sound small but as the multis are small critters anyway I`m wondering how big the fry should be when looking to sell them?

Also I know they weren`t cheap by any means, but I can`t remember how much I paid for my multis when I first bought the adults and am wondering what the current kind of price is for multis?

Any advice would be very much appreciated B-)

I think wharf aqiatics near me was selling adults for about £10 or £12 for a pair of juvi - sub adult. Are you in the UK or not?

I think wharf aqiatics near me was selling adults for about £10 or £12 for a pair of juvi - sub adult. Are you in the UK or not?

Yes I`m in Dorset.

I really can`t remember how much I paid for my adults, I 'think' they were approx £16-18 for 2. I`ve already had someone send me a msg on youtube asking if I`m a breeder and do I have some multi fry for sale as this 'person' is finding it difficult to get multis for anything less than £8-12 each.
:)

Sounds like you maybe onto a winner mate. I know a member on here was selling a pair for £15.

Maybe £2.50 - £3.50 each would be a good price to offer them at? I'm not sure. Lol. Shame you are in Dorset, I would have had a pair from you.

Sounds like you maybe onto a winner mate. I know a member on here was selling a pair for £15.

Maybe £2.50 - £3.50 each would be a good price to offer them at? I'm not sure. Lol. Shame you are in Dorset, I would have had a pair from you.

I was thinking possibly £5-7.50 each as there don`t seem to be many multis available locally and at least people can see where the multis come from and how healthy the fry and adults are ;)

Hi when i bought mine i payed £10 each :good:

Thanks, I know they`re definitely not cheap little critters :lol: :good:

Depends what y0u can sell them f0r, h0w fast y0u want rid etc. There 0n ebay £15 f0r 6. Excuse the 0 butt0n l0l

I'll have some off you Lisa! I can vouch for the health of your fish, the Celebes Rainbows I had from you are still spawning though I've stopped picking the eggs now.

When I got mine, they were about 9 or 10 quid each, found an LFS (though not exactly local) selling local bred ones for 6.50 each or 2 for a tenner, and they were quite tiny but nice..
Remember seeing them on A.C. a while ago for about 2-3 quid each but that was collection only.... :unsure:
You could consider selling to LFS but you'll probably get peanuts, internet sites such as gumtree or adtrader or aquarist classifieds , give them a go and you'll sell them in no time :good:
:fish:

I'll have some off you Lisa! I can vouch for the health of your fish, the Celebes Rainbows I had from you are still spawning though I've stopped picking the eggs now.

Hey Jo :)

Didn`t realise you were still thinking along the Tang lines but yes by all means I`m sure we can sort something out. Only difficulty I have is that I don`t know how many fry or what size fry are in which shell. It may well be pot luck :S

When I got mine, they were about 9 or 10 quid each, found an LFS (though not exactly local) selling local bred ones for 6.50 each or 2 for a tenner, and they were quite tiny but nice..
Remember seeing them on A.C. a while ago for about 2-3 quid each but that was collection only.... :unsure:
You could consider selling to LFS but you'll probably get peanuts, internet sites such as gumtree or adtrader or aquarist classifieds , give them a go and you'll sell them in no time :good:

I know they`re pretty expensive at MA, I could end up saying a price each yet if they`re hidden in a shell I don`t know how many are in there so it completely defeats the object really :X :lol:

Hey Jo :)

Didn`t realise you were still thinking along the Tang lines but yes by all means I`m sure we can sort something out. Only difficulty I have is that I don`t know how many fry or what size fry are in which shell. It may well be pot luck :S

I know they`re pretty expensive at MA, I could end up saying a price each yet if they`re hidden in a shell I don`t know how many are in there so it completely defeats the object really :X :lol:

I have heard so many people buying 6 but after a day or two have maybe 9 or 10, the extras hiding in shells :lol: They are full of character, are you keeping the adults or just wanting your arc tank back now ?

Yeah, I'm still wanting to change the 240l. It's been a question of finances of late and was also toying temporarily with mbuna but have switched back to Tangs again! I've just got to bite the bullet and sell the fish... I've got a 60l which can house them temporarily if needs be.

I have heard so many people buying 6 but after a day or two have maybe 9 or 10, the extras hiding in shells :lol: They are full of character, are you keeping the adults or just wanting your arc tank back now ?

It`ll just be the fry and the juvis, not the adults as they`re too cute and entertaining :lol:

Yeah, I'm still wanting to change the 240l. It's been a question of finances of late and was also toying temporarily with mbuna but have switched back to Tangs again! I've just got to bite the bullet and sell the fish... I've got a 60l which can house them temporarily if needs be.

They`ll be absolutely fine in a 60L, mine are all in a 35L and there`s still enough room for them. It`s purely because they keep breeding and I know they`ll suffer when the space gets less and less so it`s much better to sell some of them before that happens :good:

I`ve got some stuff to sort out over the next couple of days but we`ll arrange a day for you to collect some if that`s ok :)

I can come down on the 14th or 15th or the following 2 weekends if any of those are ok with you?

Most reactions

Back