Moving My Pitbull Pleco

FarmboyUK

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a pitbull pleco for my coldwater tank about 2 months ago from my LFS who informed me it was a temperate/coldwater fish happy to be kept alone. Since joining this forum I have learnt that my LFS was probably spouting a load of rubbish!

Now the pleco in question actually seems quite happy in the coldwater tank however it is overstocked and only about 18 degrees. My tropical tank is running at 24 degrees. Is there any way I could safely move the pleco to the tropical tank without killing him from the temperature shock?

Cheers

For further information. My tropical tank is a 3ft community tank in progress. Currently housing 5 rosy barbs and 6 rosy tetras

Put him in a plastic bag with current tank water and float in new tank for a while?

OK cheers. I'll try and move him plus also get hold of another one.

I was worried it was too big a change in one go.

Ah these are a bit cool, might have to look into getting a few =D

Right. Pete the Pleco has been released and went straight on to algae demolishing! Good boy!

I definitely need at least another 2. All the benefits of a pleco without them growing up and demolishing all my plants :p

BTW, Can anyone help me out here. My pleco seems to be constantly #105###eing since I moved him. Is this just the temperature change messing with his digestion. His waste has turned quite yellow

Most reactions

Back