Moving and need to transport fish 16 hours away!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I recently moved my fish a couple of hours and learned a few things , peaceful tank doesn’t necessarily mean peaceful tub , multiple tubs possible the best option , I messed up the temperature by being to concerned with keeping them warm , when in reality a slow drop to room temp maybe would of been better , one thing for certain is it will be stressful for you and the fish

Ok folks, I need some major help! First question is do I separate bag my fish and buy a box and heat packs and do it that way or do I buy buckets and buy and adapter for a heater to be plugged in, in my truck! I got a 55 gallon and a 10 gallon plus a breeding box full of baby guppies and two small killfish fry.. got 2 anglefish, several p82 killifish, 2 Cory's, guppies.... what method of transport do yall recommend!? Thanks in advance!
I am not even joking with you, I brought my beta from California to Colorado in one of those to-go tanks for fish. He survived!

Your amount of fish is incredibly large, so I would recommend (maybe) grabbing a couple large to-go tanks and putting them in there. A couple fish together, the bigger fish alone. And finding somewhere in your car (mine was in the back of my car on the floor snugged into a safe spot with some towels for any excess water. This probably isn't what most people recommend but it worked for me, so you can try it!

Some people probably have better advice lol.

Most reactions

Back