Most Expensive Cory's Iv Seen!

Hi James

I live in Keynsham :)

It wasn't a case of quitting the golds for albinos really,i had one batch of albino youngsters and the crazy albinos spawned again so i saved the eggs,because there was a good size difference between the batches,i put the older juvis in with the breeding golds that were in the 10 gal tank,hence they stopped breeding.So i put the golds back in the main tank,just to let these fry grow on.

Now i know the golds will spawn given the right conditions,i will try them again in the next month or so,so watch this space :good:

Hi James

I live in Keynsham :)

It wasn't a case of quitting the golds for albinos really,i had one batch of albino youngsters and the crazy albinos spawned again so i saved the eggs,because there was a good size difference between the batches,i put the older juvis in with the breeding golds that were in the 10 gal tank,hence they stopped breeding.So i put the golds back in the main tank,just to let these fry grow on.

Now i know the golds will spawn given the right conditions,i will try them again in the next month or so,so watch this space :good:

oo exciting!! will definatly be watching your posts like a hawk!! :p

i used to live in keynsham till i moved out near weston super mare. what LFS you use? the maidenhead out by the park and ride in brislington?
im still trying to find the best in my area, theres a maidenhead and blagdon water gardens but the stock are never that great in either.

james

I do use the maidenhead aquatics in brislington,but i find their staff a bit offish... :unsure:

I like blagdon,i recently sold my trilineatus juvi's there :) but you're right they don't have a vast amount of tropical fish.

I also like cadburys garden centre in congresbury,not far from you,they had a good selection of fish last time i was there,i got my skunk & albino cories from them :good:

I like blagdon,i recently sold my trilineatus juvi's there :) but you're right they don't have a vast amount of tropical fish.

o cool!! i think i must have seen them in one of their tanks, theyve got a few but not for sell annoyingly. wanted to buy them. :( live about 10 mins away from blagdon, not too bad and relatively cheap compared to some others.
i always find cadbury garden center a bit diseased and mislabled. also quite expensive.
the maidenhead, i know what you mean by the staff, when i lived there i always went there for fish and they misold me quite a few but i always research now anyway.
may nip back to blagdon next week and see if the trili's are on sell, they looked nice. only got sterbai at the moment in my tanks, want to add some other species.
ill be watching your breeding!! :p haha
james

last time i went to cadburys was around 6 months ago,and the fish looked ok,but i think they sell on the fish quite quickly,when they receive them...

My albinos will be going to blagdon in the next few months :lol: they're still a bit small at the moment.

Once these are sold,then i want to try the golds again and also the blacks :good:

My Tri's have just started spawning again :rolleyes: ,found 2 eggs,they dont lay many,so need to nab them when i see them spawning :lol:

are they aldino's of the aneus family? is there such things as albino tri's or sterbai, cus i only ever seem to see aneus albino.

haha, blagdon give you a good price then!! interesting if my sterbai decide to try and spawn again, try and keep them alive this time, last time i didnt set up the fry tank in time and nab the eggs!! :(

may have to keep going to blagdon then if your head breeder for them! should have a constant selection!! :p

james

One of my LFS sells Corydoras Weitzmani for £40 each! :shout: :shout: :blink:

Yes they are albinos from the aeneus family :)
I've never seen albino tri's although i think you can get albino sterbai :)

yes there are a few albino sterbai. the way to tell them apart is by looking at the pectoral fin spine and it will still be yellow/orange like the normal colouration of starbai :good:

I was in maidenhead aquatics today,and bought 3 otos :blush: :lol:

They have some lush cories in,but prices are unbelievable... :crazy: £20 each for gold lasers and £35 each for green stripe :unsure:

They have some lush cories in,but prices are unbelievable... :crazy: £20 each for gold lasers and £35 each for green stripe :unsure:

they really do have one of the best varities of the little blighters around!! just wish they were a bit cheaper. :S
gold lasers in there look gorgeous!! wish i could have some to give my bottom tank some amazing colour as well as the great character!!

james

It is a shame about their steep prices :sad: - the greens were so vibrant in colour...they were easily to die for... :drool: :lol:

sweetknowle aquatics normally have greens in at about £18 each and they will post :good: i had some from them a while back and they were very healthy, i think they had a deal on too something like buy 5 get 1 free :hyper: .
i paid £9 each for some of my adult gold stripes from maidenhead in stapleton. they always have much lower prices than any other maidenhead ive ever been to. mh in trowell has very small golds in at £25 each, i was selling them at this size for about £4.50 each not that long ago :crazy:

Pity you didn't keep going matt,you'd could have made a killing compared to MA prices...

The ones in MA i seen were very small,obviously youngsters.

Pity you didn't keep going matt,you'd could have made a killing compared to MA prices...

The ones in MA i seen were very small,obviously youngsters.
to be honest i ended taking plenty to lfs because i couldnt shift them on when big enough very well as i wouldnt post them... maidenhead had lots off me and were selling greens and golds for £7 each that were about an inch and a half big, even they couldnt sell them that fast at that price :crazy: other lfs that had then priced them at about £12 each. i lost none during transit and none of the fish i sold privatly or to lfs died either in store or at their new homes so they were good strong fish. then after the birth of our 2nd child time really wasnt on my side so i ignored any eggs and just grew out the fry and juvis. i now can enjoy my corys in a different way thats much more relaxing :lol:
ive now sold my breeding group of greens and all juvis and have kept 4 adult golds and the first 2 fry that i raised about a year ago and sold the rest :sad:

easilly my favorite 2 cory by far thats not often available

Most reactions

Back