Moscow Guppies?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DiddleBug

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have these 4 black guppies.  They're 3/4 black and very pretty.  I was wondering what type of fancy tailed guppy they were.  Do you need a pic to tell?

Also, the one guppy is a male and I was hoping to get some beautiful all black colored fry.  I saw orange and snake skin males in the females' tank though.  :( Right now the 3 females are away from the male.  If I put him in would he be able to father the next batches instead of the previous males?  Or would the females just have to have batches of mutts to get it out of their system?  (If you know what I mean.) :) 

I'm pretty sure you'll have to leave your females separate till they have at least a 4 week period where no fry are born since they can have a few batches from a single male... I don't think that the new male will cancel out the old one, but I'm not positive.... Anyway you might like the "mutts" they could be adorable even if not pure, IMO that's half the fun with guppies when you get a surprise.

ok. :) yeah, I'm excited to see if I'll get some snake skins. :) I'll post some pics if they have any. :)

There are blue moscows and there are tuxedo guppies... maybe google those and see if they look like what you are talking about.

Ok.  Yeah, my male looks just like the one in the pic. :) I'm hoping his fins will grow a bit yet.  And the female are quite small.  Do you think they'll get any more color?

Female can be really slow to get color.  Black comes in first usually (if they have black), for mine it was before 1 month of age.  Females I've breed took up to 6 months to get full coloring, so you could have a ways to go still.

I think there is a good chance your female is a black tuxedo as well.

Cool.  I measured them and they are slightly over an inch long if that helps.  

So do you think they could be fairly pretty and have neat fry, or should I try and get better stock?  I'd like to see if i can sell some to the petshop while keeping the best for future breeding.  

I've seen some cool guppies on ebay but the cost is shocking.  The only guppies i can fairly cheap are at my LFS and these are the best they had.  Do you think I did the right thing or is there a better choice?  

Most reactions

Back