Morri Two Into One

Aye everything is ok down to one job now and its very busy at the moment.

Made a bit of a mistake with the biopellets add 500ml to the reactor as I thought I would need 1L caused a massive bacteria bloom tank went very cloudy so dropped it to 250ml of bio pellets and letting the skimmer do its job very full atm.

Not done tests for 11 days so need to get on top of that and needs to stick some corals down hopefully will have time over the weekend to catch up with all the jobs but got a club night tommorrrow at SWM

Caught up with myself stats had sligthly shifted not to much adjusted the balling to correct

Bio Pellets are going well now but I am not expecting any results for a few more days even then I am expecting minor changes.

I did treat myself to a Supermale Labouti had a few reservations adding another Fairy Wrasse but he is stunning I have a few aggression issues with the Rhomboid with him but it seems to be getting better :)

Supermale Labouti had a few reservations adding another Fairy Wrasse but he is stunning

Oh you lucky so and so, how about a photo? Still havent found mine, think he might be mummifying at the back of the tank :sad:

Seffie x

I will try and post a piccy up of him and the rhomboid this weekend work has been very busy so not had much time

Had a nitrate spike recently no idea why so running at 20 I can only think my Purigigen has run out so will add some more in to bring it down

My Biopellets have not kicked in yet but its only 2 weeks I have ordered another 500ml so hopefully I will be upto 1L in the next few weeks I am adding 100ml a week this will be too much for my tank but as you cannot overdose it makes sense to have too many than too few.

Failed to get a photo over the weekend I will try have managed to loose 2 SPS for some unknown reason they just lost there flesh I think I will wait until the biopellets get into full effect then invest in a frag pack from FMF and let them grow.

Biopellets are upto 600ml not getting a phos reading nitrates not dropping fast still around 10 I have ordered a second Nitrate test kit as I am not a fan of the Salifert one at least then I will be able to compare results.

I would buy the D&D phos kit but really dont want to spend £60 on a test kit!!

you read the article over on RC about being able to use rice as bio pellets?

what setting do you run your vortech on?

Thx

Yip read the whole article I am reluctant to use anything other than something designed to go into a marine tank the pellets are not cheap but still cheaper than a couple of corals so would rather not expose myself to the risk of pollution etc.

I run my Vortech on 100% and the orange setting I think its reef crest

Managed to get a shot of the Labouti not the best and my tank looks very white at the moment as I have changed my Tubes running 4 x white 1 x purple 1 x blue + a pair of TMC White LEDs I am just waiting for TMC to release the new version the 600 and I will get a pair of all blues then.

DSC03401.jpg

wow the Wrasse is a stunner!!! I like the Wrasse but there probably all too big for my tank

love your tank :good: is 30 inch wide better than 24? are you able to make more interesting aqua scape?

I have not been around much work has been very busy recently and have a holiday coming up soon Tank is doing fine lost a couple of SPS no idea why and my Flymo decided to jump out :(

I have added a Anenome a Mini Carpet Anenome which is doing well and feeding hopefully i will have a bit more time to catch up with the tank in the new year :good:

no use telling us Morri wheres the pics :good: lol

I wondered where you had gone, I;ve been the same lately :good:

I have not been around much work has been very busy recently and have a holiday coming up soon Tank is doing fine lost a couple of SPS no idea why and my Flymo decided to jump out :(

I have added a Anenome a Mini Carpet Anenome which is doing well and feeding hopefully i will have a bit more time to catch up with the tank in the new year :good:

good to see you back...

is it one of the mini maxi type nes that are 'in' now? they are really cool

urm duhh just read the post in the nem section! awesome...need a pic! what did it cost if you dont mind me asking. seen a few crazily coloured ones and i wouldnt mind a little section of my tank dedicated to these

Most reactions

Back