More Eggs......yay!

lol i dont think so either, they eat everything, and i mean EVERYTHING

they ate my cory's tail clean off, baring in mind i left them for 2mins to get my net to get the corys out, yes i know i did it all the wrong way round lolol

Awwww no......hopefully it'll grow back :good:

netty have you thought about just taking the dad out and lowering the water level to like an inch? the fry will hatch fine and survive just fine like that.

netty have you thought about just taking the dad out and lowering the water level to like an inch? the fry will hatch fine and survive just fine like that.

I know what you mean, but on the other side of the divider are my PK x CT fry and the divider does let a certain amount of water through despite it having no holes.

ah, so you cant just drop the water level. you could grab a tupperware container and fill that with about an inch of water, float that on the water surface in the tank and then just syphon the eggs right into that.

I dont want to sound pushy or anything, you guys know what your doing. I just hate to loose eggs or babys to getting eaten or dads that dont care for them right.

Just did that about a hour ago :good: . He wasn't very happy with me sucking up his eggs and was trying to beat me to it lol.

Got quite a few up, so now it's just a waiting game to see what happens. I think there may still be a few in his nest so as long as he doesn't mess around too much they will stay there.

I know what you mean.....It's such a shame to just leave them!!!!

I cry when they get eaten....Ill admit it. It just sucks to see them die and to have so much hard work go down the toilet.

It is frustrating when you're so close to them hatching and although I didn't cry lol......my heart sank seeing them lying there. This is our 4th spawn and the first time this has happened :( and bless Draco he's not moving from under his nest so maybe he knows something I don't!!

We're hedging our bets :lol: Left the eggs he has managed to keep off the floor :D Put some in the frog bit plant and some in very shallow water.

Just got to wait and see :unsure:

Well they've just started hatching :hyper: ...some in the tub....some on the floor and some in the nest. Dad is still keeping busy and seems determined to look after them!!!!

Thanks.....I'm really keeping everything crossed for these babies :D

Do you mean of the babies just hatching? If so........not yet.....don't think my camera will be able to pick them up very well with them being so minute. Mind you I have tried......and failed lol

Have now tipped the hatched and swimming fry back into the tank. I was surprised how many did hatch in the tub (cheers Newfishy) :good:

Draco looks relieved to be back in his own tank now. I think it was all a bit much for him :lol:

Most reactions

Back