Monthly Guppy Photo Competition!

And can I add that the pet photo comp is run by a non moderator.

Please could I continue Tolak? As if that one has run succesfully monthly with no problems, this topic has had nothing wrong with it.

It just seems a shame to close it...

Please could I continue Tolak? As if that one has run succesfully monthly with no problems, this topic has had nothing wrong with it.

start a petition. :shifty: :pepsi: sorry, the pepsi smiley is my favourite smily of all of them, as well as the shifty one :pepsi: :shifty:

This topic will explain why POTM was not discontinued when the rest were; http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=155440

Erised took over after the passing of Angel Lady. There are also two moderators who work on that competition when needed. We don't go handing out the ability to move, edit, and otherwise work with posts and topics without plenty of thought.

We can easily go with none at all, making the moderator's work load much less. That is not a way of improving a forum. We like to see improvement, so we are working on this.

If you were around for the competitions long ago you would know just how out of hand things can get, and to what length people will go to skirt the rules and skew the results. As stated previously, the moderators and admins have the tools available to at the very least minimize this if not prevent it. As a member you don't have these tools, other than the report button or a pm questioning a situation.

All these questions and comments are being considered by the moderating team, we don't just sit by and watch, moving or deleting things as need be. This topic is one of many things that are worked on and discussed by the mods.

Lovely fish, everyone! I might get a new male guppy over the weekend, wish me luck!
(Also, I'd like to say hi after a vacation. :cool: )

This topic will explain why POTM was not discontinued when the rest were; <a href="http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=155440" target="_blank">http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=155440</a>

Erised took over after the passing of Angel Lady. There are also two moderators who work on that competition when needed. We don't go handing out the ability to move, edit, and otherwise work with posts and topics without plenty of thought.

We can easily go with none at all, making the moderator's work load much less. That is not a way of improving a forum. We like to see improvement, so we are working on this.

If you were around for the competitions long ago you would know just how out of hand things can get, and to what length
people will go to skirt the rules and skew the results. As stated previously, the moderators and admins have the tools
available to at the very least minimize this if not prevent it. As a member you don't have these tools, other than the report button or a pm questioning a situation.

All these questions and comments are being considered by the moderating team, we don't just sit by and watch, moving or deleting things as need be. This topic is one of many things that are worked on and discussed by the mods.

Oh, I did'nt kow. I m sorry.

Ok Well I hope we can have photo competitions as they really get the livebearers forum active as they go to check on their guppy and find other topics to post on as well.

Thank you for discussing this.
Well now I know why there arn't any and my questions have been answered. And now I know why I cant run it.

so how is this working now? i have a very flash new make :)

Most reactions

Back