Molly And Guppy Gave Birth Today!

Billsfan905

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I just bought a new molly today and she gave birth!
I have a 35 gallon (running for 3 months) tank with:
- 1 angel fish
- 2 female guppies (one has a yellow tail (giving birth right now), one has a leopard tail)
- 1 male guppy (tequila sunrise)
- 2 female platies (mickey mouse and a orange with black tail)
- 1 male platy (yellow spotted)
- 2 female mollies (the orange one who gave birth with a cool fin and then a black one)
- 1 male molly (black with orange white and yellow speckles)
- 1 pearl gourami

I think that's all :) I am looking into buying another 20 gallon tank within the next few days for future mommies as most of my fish have eaten all the babies :(
I saw the molly birth at least 10 today and I can only see 2 right now! I have 5 live plants, plastic plants, and I put in marbles for hiding spots but these babies aren't hiding very well! :(

Later today I noticed that my pregnant guppy was at the bottom panting, and looked over and on a near rock there was a tiny baby guppy! I turned the light off as I read online it will be harder for the other fish to see the babies and the mom won't get harrassed as much.

Right now it looks like my mickey mouse platy is pretty pregnant, but the new 20 gallon tank probably won't be running by then once I cycle it and all that jazz! :(

Fingers crossed some of the babies survive! And hopefully I get that new tank up and running soon for future babies! :)

I will post pictures soon! I'll take some tomorrow :)

If you want to raise them, get a breeding trap, or breeding net.

Oh, and congrats on the babies! :good:

You could use seeded media from you aquarium you have now to give the new tank a BIG boost to being cycled faster.

Most reactions

Back