Mollies

keesh121

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
my new male speckled mollie which i got from the lfs today due to there being tomany males in the tank at the store and they were fighting. anyway i have brought him back so i now hav2 male and 4 females and he does something i aint seen before he sniffs underneath the females then comes up the side and flicks his gonopodium round and appears like they are mating

are they mating as he has done it with all 4 females and keeps going (randy bugger) if it is mating he is difinatly the ron jeremy of the mollie world

Yep they are mating :wub:

I have 1 male balloon mollie in with 3 females and he is also a randy bugger. Expect lots of fry! One of my females just gave birth to about 20, however only 2 have survived as the zebra danios decided to have them for breakfast.........Lunch...........yep you guessed it dinner as well. :sad:

Yep they are mating :wub:

I have 1 male balloon mollie in with 3 females and he is also a randy bugger. Expect lots of fry! One of my females just gave birth to about 20, however only 2 have survived as the zebra danios decided to have them for breakfast.........Lunch...........yep you guessed it dinner as well. :sad:

so will the females be pregnant now he keeps trying though can i safely assume they are pregnant how long is the gestation period for a mollie

She will give birth every 4-6 weeks. YIKES! i hear you say!

Yep its true. Also mollies can hold sperm for months and can have many pregnancies from the same sperm. So expect lots of fry. :hyper:

Seidge

p.s. hope i am delivering good news not bad!, the perks are they are fasinating to watch giving birth

Most reactions

Back