Missing Glowlight Tetra

David J

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi

I had 6 glowlights and can now only find 5. I have looked everywhere, many times over the last 2 weeks or so and always only find 5. I've checked the bottom, surface behind plants, everywhere.

The rest of my stock is detailed in my sig. Any opinions anyone?

David

hate to say it but it probably passed away. assassin snails will have eaten the remains no problem.

I wondered about the assassin snails. How quickly do you think it would take to eat it all?

I also wondered about whether the bolivian ram could have swallowed it.

Something would have 'tidied up' the body!
I fear the same fate for 1 of my Albino Cory that's disappeared. recently 
noexpression.gif

David J said:
I wondered about the assassin snails. How quickly do you think it would take to eat it all?

I also wondered about whether the bolivian ram could have swallowed it.

It probably shared it with the Bolivian ram. They eat only what is easy to eat and what is dead, which pretty much fits the bill

wouldn't take assassins long at all. they are quite good scavengers. they hoovered up a large clutch of cory eggs in my tank in a matter of hours.

BTW (Hijacking thread a bit) The lost Cory has been sighted and is well 

Thanks for the replies. Still no sign of the missing fish. I'm doing a bit of work on the tank today but don't think I'll find it. I fear the assassins have disposed of the body.

Try taking all of the decorations out, and then taking a photo of the tank and recounting. I know I have trouble counting them all.
blink.png

Did a fair bit of work on the tank today andd there's definately only 5 left. No remains found. Would even bones be eaten by the assassins?

they don't leave much at all if anything. the bones once cleaned would quickly break down anyway and just become part of the substrate. don't worry about it. its just nature taking its course.

^^ crimsonboli ...... Not for this fish it never lol

Unfortunately this happens quite a lot :/

I lost one of my Threadfin Rainbowfish, sure I had 13, counted them about 10 times despite being fast little fish, only counted 12 every time.

Assassin snails, shrimps, most other fish and tank mates will all have a munch on dead fish given the chance as it will be a source of nutrients and proteins etc and dead fish will simply "disappear" .

Completely natural though. :)

Most reactions

Back