Minimum Tank Size For A Pleco

what do you mean that's their breed!? fish are classified with species subspecies etc. Tbh i think you "shot yourself in the foot". You told someone to do their research when their info was perfectly alright, and you can't even state the true name of the fish you have bred...hmm.

greg

That's what we call them at the store I own. That's what they call them in Australia when I send for them. I order them when they are in season. You expect me to know everything? I'm not GOD.

That's what we call them at the store I own. That's what they call them in Australia when I send for them. I order them when they are in season. You expect me to know everything? I'm not GOD.

Do you at least know the L number?

black and silver would lead me to believe ottos. These stay very small although I don't think they are considered a plec. But, it may fit the bill ?? Just a thought.

So basically, aquadreams plagerized the information he posted off of that site then?

What kind of pleco should I RESEARCH!? What are their names?

The Slender Suckerfish (also know as pleco's) which grows to 1 m in length, can vary in colour. It is often white with distinct dark stripes, but large individuals may be entirely grey.

It has an elongate body, tiny embedded scales and an oval-shaped sucking disc. This disc, which is a highly modified dorsal fin, is positioned from the top of the head to the anterior part of the body.

The pectoral fins of this species are positioned high on the sides of the body while the dorsal and anal fins are long-based with elevated leading rays.

The fish's lower jaw projects forward well beyond the upper jaw. The jaws, vomer and tongue have villiform teeth.

The Slender Suckerfish uses the sucking disc to attach to larger fishes, most commonly sharks and rays. But it has been seen attached to boats, marine mammals and even divers. This species is also seen free-swimming.

When attached to a large predator, the Slender Suckerfish eats food scraps from the feeding activity of its host. It is also known to eat parasites off the host's body.

The Slender Suckerfish has a widespread distribution in most tropical and some warm temperate marine waters. In Australia it is commonly seen from south-western Western Australia around the tropical north and south to the southern coast of New South Wales. It is infrequently observed in Victorian and Tasmanian waters.

aqua, either you're lying or seriously confused. first of all, TRUE plecos are from South America. they are also FRESHWATER fish, not marine predators. they also don't "attach to large predators" in order to eat food scraps.

but it is possible that you are telling the truth about breeding and selling the "Slender Suckerfish" in your store, in which case i would LOVE to see the facillity in which you spawn these great big semi-parasitic ocean fish.

but it is possible that you are telling the truth about breeding and selling the "Slender Suckerfish" in your store, in which case i would LOVE to see the facillity in which you spawn these great big semi-parasitic ocean fish.

now that is something worth seeing :shifty:

i have a bristlenose that i believe will grow to about 3 inches in my 30l tank, its seems very happy

sorry to double-post (and not to rain on your parade, Nick) but most bristlenose plecs grow to be at least 4-5 inches and several species max out at around 8. bns are also pretty territorial and messy fish that really shouldn't be kept in less than (i would say) 45l, give or take a few. a 30l would be ok for a baby, but you really ought to consider upgrading within a year of when you bought him.

Well I think the original poster was thinking more or less a freshwater PLECO, not some oversized marine leach. I am no expert of the metric system, but since when does 1 inch = 1 meter?

P.S. Don't plagiarize, it makes you look stupid.

The ones I order come from Austrailia. That's what THEY call them. I trust them enough to know that they know what they are talking about...AND don't ####n call me stupid because I have owned my business for 10 years with very happy customers. If anything maybe Austrailia has the wrong name for them but that's what my establishment goes by so #### off.

Well I Hope your business goes down the so called PLUG HOLES because you talking **** and just want to post. AR*E. You have CAE and think they are plecos. what a w******

Most reactions

Back