Mikes Fish Site

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ok, I've got a tripod, so I'll try with and with out. I've managed to get the whole tank in. I now want to try to get individual fish.

What f settings and speed does he use? Does he zoom in or just get in close?

Thanks again,

Mike

He zooms, what do you mean by f settings and speed? Do you mean focus settings and shutter speeds? If so he has the automatic focus on and idont know the shutter speeds i will have to ask...

Thanks
Mike

Hi Mike

Yes I did mean the focus & shutter speed settings. Actually it doesn't matter if you haven't asked your dad yet.

I took some pics today, just zooming in and set on automatic. They came out so I'm well pleased.

Some were a bit blurred, the fish don't stay still long enough.

Thanks again,

Mike

yeah i know they get really blurred... I dont know how he does it :dunno: ... As i said he is a good photographer.... You got a digital camera? if so could you post some pics i wouldnt mind seeing your tank or if you got a site you can post that.

Thanks
Mike

Yeah sure no probs. I'm not sure how to do it though. I can send to your email if you like.

I'm only just starting out, I inherited the tank off a friend who was moving, it was full of thick algae when I got it.

Mike

ok i will pm u my email address than you can send it there if you would like...

Thanks
Mike

nice site Mike will be keeping a eye on it ...so kewl...as for the other Mike your digital camera should have a fast movement setting (like if you were at the car races) use this setting and do not aim directly into glass ,take picture on a angle, do use a tripod and best if you take your pictures at night with only tank lights on...some pics will blurr but not as near as if you were on automatic...And Mike 2007 cool site cant wait to see more of it B)

thanks, i am still working on getting the site finshed, may take me a while with work and the new saltwater tank... I hope i can be finished with it by the end of this month (i still will not be finished, ive redone it like 3 times now :rolleyes: )... Thanks for the feedback, hope i get more :) ...

Thanks
Mike

Wiggler 1 said:
nice site Mike will be keeping a eye on it ...so kewl...as for the other Mike your digital camera should have a fast movement setting (like if you were at the car races) use this setting and do not aim directly into glass ,take picture on a angle, do use a tripod and best if you take your pictures at night with only tank lights on...some pics will blurr but not as near as if you were on automatic...And Mike 2007 cool site cant wait to see more of it B)
[snapback]900238[/snapback]​

Thanks for that wiggler, I'll give it a go. Busy at the moment painting, so I'll try in a few days.

Mike,

I love your site. It is a little slow to load though, I guess thats down to the web space you have (I'm on broadband).

May I make a couple of suggestions?

I would change the font to arial, verdana or helvetica. Just a personal preference, but if you think about it a lot of commercial sites use it. I think its easier on the eye.

I would try and make the main body the same width as the menu bar and footer.

And finally, do you know javascript/css? You could use DHTML...there are loads of free scripts out there to do your fish index....well at least the part that lists (for example) electric blue and electric yellow.

[this is a poor example, but it kind of shows you what I mean http://www.a1javascripts.com/tutorials/Showing_Layers.html]

I know not _everybody_ has javascript, but if they dont then they shouldn't be using the web :p

another tip...use css for giving borders to your tables.
.tableborder{
border: 1px #000000 solid;
}

OK i'll shut up now. Just got over excited.

ok thanks for the advice... no i do not know java or css. i probably will try to change the font as soon as i get to it.... i have alot of web space i only got 200mb/4000mb used right now, so i dont know why its loading slow? After seeing that webpage i still dont understand what you mean by what you said, if you could get a better site maybe that has what you mean on it,i might be able to figure it out :dunno:

Thanks,
Mike

Most reactions

Back