Message To Moderator

Thanks for letting me know. It's likely a software issue, a glitch in IP.Board itself. I let the tech guys know and they are looking into a fix if possible. Until then see if Tolak's clever little fix does the trick.

The tech guys... lol.

A few months back that was John and it would have been sorted in a jiffy.

Maybe, but I doubt it in this case since the issue is with the software itself and requires a new version of the forum to fix. That takes longer than a jiffy no matter who you are. That's why a work-around like Tolak mentions is needed...it's a hack and not a true fix.

a hack? really? and upgrading to a new version of ip or any other forum script takes minute, not so much a big thing

Depends how many alterations have been made to the code to get the forum operating in its current state. Upgrades can break stuff, I've learnt the hard way with vBulletin :D

I'll put money on it not actually being a forum software issue, maybe ;p

a hack? really?

A hack is a term that simply means a method of working around software...it's not always sinister. I'm a web guy myself so I use the term in that way not the bad, system broken into way. Sorry...didn't mean to set off alarms.

A work around like Tolak mentions is known as a hack.

Depends how many alterations have been made to the code to get the forum operating in its current state. Upgrades can break stuff, I've learnt the hard way with vBulletin :D

I'll put money on it not actually being a forum software issue, maybe ;p

That is a total possibility! Though techincally it's still a software issue...just a modified software issue. ;)

Thanks for the update. Hopefully it shouldn't be an issue in the future!

After new skin, I no longer receive emails from fish forums in regards to replies to.posts. Anyone able to help ?

Go to your control panel and make sure all the notifications boxes are ticked in the right places.

Most reactions

Back