Meet Tramp!

WOWZAS! His a stunner, he looks so elagent and peaceful. Tell me what are you feeding him? Hope you have a great time taking care of him!

Hi Fish are awe.....he gets tropical flakes twice a week, bloodworms once a week, and kings british mini pellets the rest of the week...he does seem keen on the algae wafers I put in for my corys, plec and apple snail too x

He's gorgeous, his tail isn't too bad. How did your other one with finrot get on?

Hi Fish are awe.....he gets tropical flakes twice a week, bloodworms once a week, and kings british mini pellets the rest of the week...he does seem keen on the algae wafers I put in for my corys, plec and apple snail too x

mine are partial to them too and shrimp pellets :lol:

Hi Marieuk, I am starting to think it isnt finrot, he is showing no signs of distress and is certainly beginning to heal a little, but new splits are occuring in his tail,and Tramp has a huge new split in his dorsal fin. I dont know whats causing this...I am beginning to wander if its stress as maybe he doesnt like his tankmates. I am thinking of getting him his own smaller tank. There doesnt seem to be any other "disease" symptoms...both swimming well, and eating well....no I am thinking they are nipping their own fins
I am about to put Tramp in quarantine for a month to see if being on his own helps. ( tankmates are 3 skunk corys, an apple snail and a BN plec)
we'll see how he goes. Daily water changes dont seem to do anything in the 64L tank, so maybe a 6L quarentine tank with 50% daily water changes will do more. We'll see. thanks for asking

Wish I had the room for a huge tank......

Great to know that you are giving him the life he deserves, most pet stores dont even recognise what stress they would be in if they were in a miniature room. :)

What a gorgeous boy! :good: With regards to his fins, do you notice him flaring a lot? And are there any plastic plants in the tank?

Hi Marieuk, I am starting to think it isnt finrot, he is showing no signs of distress and is certainly beginning to heal a little, but new splits are occuring in his tail,and Tramp has a huge new split in his dorsal fin. I dont know whats causing this...I am beginning to wander if its stress as maybe he doesnt like his tankmates. I am thinking of getting him his own smaller tank. There doesnt seem to be any other "disease" symptoms...both swimming well, and eating well....no I am thinking they are nipping their own fins
I am about to put Tramp in quarantine for a month to see if being on his own helps. ( tankmates are 3 skunk corys, an apple snail and a BN plec)
we'll see how he goes. Daily water changes dont seem to do anything in the 64L tank, so maybe a 6L quarentine tank with 50% daily water changes will do more. We'll see. thanks for asking

They could well be doing it to themselves. I had a similar problem and nothing worked, hopefully you'll crack it. They are both gorgeous though. I love Tramp the best.

They could well be doing it to themselves. I had a similar problem and nothing worked, hopefully you'll crack it. They are both gorgeous though. I love Tramp the best.

Marieukxx is right, he might be doing it to himself. It could be the stress of moving thats set him off and once he has settled he could stop. It could be tank mates stressing him out, or he might just be one of those bettas. Once he is in his own tank you will be able to see if it is still happening. If it is you might have to remove objects one at a time and see if it stops. If not then he is a tail biter sorry to say. But giving him a mirror or moving his tank decor aroung can be one way of stopping this. I hope whatever it is though it stops cos he is way too beautiful :wub:

He looks like a double tail to me so should have a natural split in the middle of his tail also, very nice fish :)

betta fish...not a double tail, was sold to me as a halfmoon
unfortunately Little Tramp passed away this evening. I have no idea what was going wrong with him, and he seemed to "float" and not use gills a lot. I really am gutted, Tramp was such a beautiful boy, I will miss him so much. His dorsal fin split another twice, and there was nothing in the quarentine tank except sand, an airstone, heater and filter. so I guess he could have been a tail biter. The last tear I noticed was blood stained. Poor little thing.think I may give up on bettas, but they are soo prettyy

On a good note, for those who knew, Ghost is doing really well. His tear in his fin has grown back halfway, so looks like he will make a full recovery. thank goodness. I managed to treat him right. was beginning to think it was something i was doing wrong.

Gosh, what a shock! Sorry to hear that :(

Do flukes affect bettas in the same way they do goldfish? Split fins, hanging at the surface etc.

Most reactions

Back