Meet My Baby, Garra Flavatra (panda Garra)

julibob

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have finally got some decent pics of my Garra Flavatra (aka Panda Garra). He is about 2 1/2" long, and such a beautiful and peaceful fish :wub: . Would recommend them to anyone (If you can get hold of them that is :p )

P8210071.jpg

P8210067.jpg

P8210057.jpg

Julia

WOW he's cute :wub: wish I could get my hands on one of those babbies :) How big will he eventually get and what sized how would he need?

WOW he's cute :wub: wish I could get my hands on one of those babbies :) How big will he eventually get and what sized how would he need?

They only reach about 6cm, and are members of the Cypriniformes species. They like their water on the cooler side of tropical, and I feed mine algae wafers and cucumber. That's all I know really.

Julia

Naw, he's so cute :wub: .

I want to get some Garra Pingi Pingi when i've finished working on my sub-tropical tank, i didn't know about Garra Flavatra but i see they are very cute too :) :good: .

cool new addition ;) hes gorgeous!! I saw some in one of the pet shops near me...2 for £8. is that good??

I never heard of that fish before. It looks a little like a CAE in shape.

I have 6 of them. Great little fish they is. Does yours nibble on your hand?

I use to have 3, but lost them when my tank crashed :-(. Some of my favorite fish, they would suck on my hand, but only when I kept them all together. I wish I could find them locally again. I miss them a lot.

Here was one of mine.
IMG_6781-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back