Me wee 10 Gallon... First proper attempt

Awesome first scape , looks really natural, you need to celebrate your achievements with a

Beautful tank! And you have great plants in there.

Bullgoose, did you take the bottom dwellers back to the store? I can't see them in the new tank.
Not yet due to back pain preventing me hoping on the motorbike ...
They are in there... Skulking around at the back... I thought the sand substrate might be more to their liking but look as miserable as ever... They never do anything.. 🤔

IMG_20230819_182011.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230819_182038.jpg
    IMG_20230819_182038.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 16
Some info on them here

Cheers folks... I'm not 100% convinced but sure looks the closest.. They puckering up a bit now... The odd foray out into the sand and sucking on the glass... I'll read that link now.. Cheers Burgassio ... Are your 3 shrimp 🦐 doing ok..?

If they are Horse Faced Loach (which is A. dialuzona, not A. choirorhynchus), they’ll quickly outgrow your tank. I don’t think they are though. The first picture, on the other thread, just doesn’t look like one. And the markings are all wrong. And if they were you’d see them burying themselves in the gravel. And not resting vertically at all.

I’ve had a feeling all along that it’s one of the many new loaches from the Far East. It resembles Annamia from the Gastromyzontidae

and Balitora, Bhavana, Pseudohomaloptera and Vanmanenia from the Balitoridae

…and that’s just from those pictures.

Does it have a sucker mouth? Barbels?

Last edited:
There mostly housed in the middle of the Java moss, the young ones they had were picked off quite quickly by the fish as never seen again
Lots of hiding places the way.. I've made so many I never see my shrimp 🦐 never more than a couple at a time and I've put in 40 over the last three weeks..

That tank is gorgeous. Be sure to enter it in December’s Tank of the Month contest. And be sure to vote in the present contest.

Most reactions

Back