Md Crowland First Time Visit !

mark34

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
went to crowland MD today for the fist time ever !! B-)

What can I say WOW what a store !!

went fishing in there sump tanks :) there got large Malawi so had to come home with 6 of them for my main tank !
Now just got to get them to colour up any one know the best why to get them to colour up ?

MD at crowland is like putting me in a sweet shop i could have set up about 12 tanks in there :)

Pics????? :lol:

No matter how good a shop may seem, a lot of fish in a lot of shops are treated with hormones that bring out a lot of colouring.....which isn`t actually there (if that makes sense) so don`t be surprised if your new additions don`t colour up very much at all :/

After adding the fish to the tank, leave the lights off for a while and give them a few days to investigate and get used to their new surroundings. Don`t spend too much time around the tank for the first couple of days, then bit by bit stay a bit longer when you feed them until they begin to associate you with food. Fingers crossed they`ll begin to colour up for you once they`re comfortable and feel happier and more secure :)

No matter how good a shop may seem, a lot of fish in a lot of shops are treated with hormones that bring out a lot of colouring.....which isn`t actually there (if that makes sense) so don`t be surprised if your new additions don`t colour up very much at all :/

After adding the fish to the tank, leave the lights off for a while and give them a few days to investigate and get used to their new surroundings. Don`t spend too much time around the tank for the first couple of days, then bit by bit stay a bit longer when you feed them until they begin to associate you with food. Fingers crossed they`ll begin to colour up for you once they`re comfortable and feel happier and more secure :)

will add pics only just turn on the lights just now been off all day to let them settle in.

i mean Malawi colouring when i say colouring i understand about what shops do ! but they are all none colored at all i have the same fish but thay are colored up very nicely black and golds very nice but the ones i got from MD are not colored at all an very are bigger than he ones i had before :huh:

SAM_1598.jpg

SAM_1602.jpg

SAM_1605.jpg

SAM_1614.jpg

SAM_1619.jpg

SAM_1621.jpg

will add pics only just turn on the lights just now been off all day to let them settle in.

i mean Malawi colouring when i say colouring i understand about what shops do ! but they are all none colored at all i have the same fish but thay are colored up very nicely black and golds very nice but the ones i got from MD are not colored at all an very are bigger than he ones i had before :huh:

SAM_1598.jpg

SAM_1602.jpg

SAM_1605.jpg

SAM_1614.jpg

SAM_1619.jpg

SAM_1621.jpg

The 1st/3rd/5th pics of your fish look like females to me so i doubt u will get much colour from them. Do you want these fish to be ID'ed for you? or do you no what fish they are?

Most reactions

Back