Mazda RX-8

I really wanted an RX-8 before I saw one; now each time I see one I want it less and less. :sick: Shame really. There are also concerns about the longevity of the engine. Unless you need 4 seats get a Nissan 350. I 'need' 4 seats so I'm still looking.

Automatic - 200hp
6 speed - 240hp

not bad for a car that weighs well under 3000 pounds. actual weight is somewhere around 2600lbs. Its also relatively inexpensive, under $30,000.

also let me remind you that the engine is 1.3 liters. tiny!!

Ford Pumas are crap, my dad had one for about 6 months, then traded it in for a mazda 6.

That mazda rx-8 is way nicer and better than a ford puma.

You cant even compare both cars, totally different leagues.

Paul.

paulioo said:
Ford Pumas are crap, my dad had one for about 6 months, then traded it in for a mazda 6.

That mazda rx-8 is way nicer and better than a ford puma.

You cant even compare both cars, totally different leagues.

Paul.
exactly!

Hi,
I own a RX8 (UK) and can tell you the performance of the car is superb, especially the handling, it goes where you point it and does it very quickly. I compare my car to my others I have had. A Rouse Sport 4x4 RS Cosworth (check it out on the web) a 2WD Cosworth sapphire and Ford RS2000. Tthe RX would destroy them on handling and in the case of the RS2 on performance. The car has it's problems though, mine is in the garage (again) Generally for minor niggles but more importantly (and this may apply to US spec cars also) on a starting issue. The car has a tendency to flood and is difficult to start. But with new concept (type) cars you're going to get teething problems, although I really pissed about it..... Oh and finally, it REALLY turns heads.

I say BUY ONE.................NOW

Dexter

what about g35. Have you compared them, If I remember correctly the price is surpriseingly less than expected, but definately more than the rx-8, plus is a bit more sportier, luxiourous(sp) and comes without nasty little experimental components

dexter, do you know if those have North american? equivalents haven't heard of any of them cars

ive seen the infiniti G35 and its a beautiful car, but a bit more than i want to spend.
i think they start in the low 30's. ive heard of the RX-8's flooding problems so that worries me a bit. i may just lease it, that way i dont have to deal with mechanical problems down the road. if i do a 3 year lease i can get a new car and not have to worry about an expiring warranty. ive heard that the RX-8 performs great so im excited for a test drive. :D

Most reactions

Back