Marine ich, velvet, brooklynella or something else?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Marizard

Reaction score
This week we noticed that our clownfish had white spots in him, but as he was doing fine we decided we would monitor him for a while.

Yesterday we went to the fish store and the seller told us it looked like our clownfish had a very common disease (unfortunately I don't know what name he said) caused by stress or high temperature.

He gave us a remedy to apply for 10 days ("Medic" water conditioner apparently used for parasites) and said it wasn't very serious, but it would spread to other fish.

At night, we noticed our gramma royal very very sick, and so I applied the remedy and hoped for the best. Unfortunatelly, I'm a noob at aquariums and don't own a quarantine tank yet, so I didn't manage to separate him.

Needless to say, our gramma died last night. I tried to monitor him to see if he was ok, but I did a 10 minutes break and it was enough for our nassarius snail to start eating our poor gramma.

Today, all but one fish seem to be infected, and I'm starting to think this disease may be more serious than the seller told us.

Our clownfish (the first one to be infected) seems to have two of his fins nipped, and a lot of discoloration. He ate last night, but he didn't touch any of his food today. He's behaving normal besides that.

Does anyone have an ideia what this could be and what can I do to help my fish? I got a "matternity box" for him, just to see if he can heal without being bullied.
Today is sunday, so all animal stores are closed in my country. What can I do to help my fish survive until I can get a second opinion?

Sorry for the bad quality of the videos, didn't manage to do better.

PS: today I saw my tailspot blenny give a little bite on the clownfish tail, so he may be the one who did the nipping.

Attachments

• video-1630854689.gif
    video-1630854689.gif
    21.7 MB · Views: 45
Just as a heads up, your video didn't post. I recommend uploading it to YouTube and posting the link here. Good luck with your fish!

Most reactions

Back